Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

The DOW can and has fallen > 150 in a day without the market halting. It's if individual stocks drop 10% in a day that trading is halted, for that stock.

or am I misinterpreting what you said? :confused:

i remember they bought in some trading curbs on the dow. i will check. what the current situations.

when was last time dow had a down swing of more than 150pts?

need market down about 7% before trading curbs are put in "circuit breakers"
http://usequities.nyx.com/markets/nyse-equities/circuit-breakers

barjon the dow closed weak but the breadth was not that bad, this is a very bearish sign, 22 stocks lower and 8 actually went up.

FTSE 6505 should be a floor for today, since it equates to dow minus 150. thats the most dow downswings in one, do they still use those "market electronic halts" ?

Bond market now testing the FED.

Big increase in the 10 year yield 48 hours ago.

if u can understand p&f thats great. what level did it tell u to sell

I sold, yesterday afternoon, at 1615---6604, which was bouncing, as I see it, off the falling TL from, about 6640. As I said, I put a target on at 6575 and went for a walk. When I came back, it was to a reduced profit. I sold and stopped for the day but I should not have, should I? It's been falling ever sinceI

So, to answer your query, I figured it was shorting, seriously, by about 1645. I though that I would be stopped when I came back, with a 30 point profit. As it was, it bounced and I made about 7.

I sold, yesterday afternoon, at 1615---6604, which was bouncing, as I see it, off the falling TL from, about 6640. As I said, I put a target on at 6575 and went for a walk. When I came back, it was to a reduced profit. I sold and stopped for the day but I should not have, should I? It's been falling ever sinceI

So, to answer your query, I figured it was shorting, seriously, by about 1645. I though that I would be stopped when I came back, with a 30 point profit. As it was, it bounced and I made about 7.

excellent, i read a book by a big floor trader he says the only charting the pro's use is p&f, that stuff is great if u can understand it.

barjon the dow closed weak but the breadth was not that bad, this is a very bearish sign, 22 stocks lower and 8 actually went up.

FTSE 6505 should be a floor for today, since it equates to dow minus 150. thats the most dow downswings in one, do they still use those "market electronic halts" ?

i am not sure that 6505 will hold it.

excellent, i read a book by a big floor trader he says the only charting the pro's use is p&f, that stuff is great if u can understand it.

:LOL: I'm not an expert, I've got problems!

I used to use P&F years ago, with stocks, before online started. However, then , I was an investor--not a trader. It was a quick way to keep tabs on one's favourite stocks, which were to be held for an indefinite period, and because of that, one could chart quite a few.

Trading with P&F on an hourly basis, is a different proposition. Not many of us have the time, or inclination, especially at my age, to go to the trouble of charting more than one instrument. However, that said, I am goin to try FT ( and nothing else) for a while, but if it does not work, I'll stop. Simple as that.

I fancied Dax this morning, which says much for FT and P&F, doesn't it? :D However FT chart looks good. The problem, now, is that there does not seem to be a support line for me to use as a reference. That could mean a big sell, of course, but I'm not that dedicated to P&F, yet.

Easy to chart one? Yes.

Is it good for me? I don't know, yet.

Last edited:
:LOL: I'm not an expert, I've got problems!

I fancied Dax this morning, which says much for FT and P&F, doesn't it? :D However FT chart looks good. The problem, now, is that there does not seem to be a support line for me to use as a reference. That could mean a big sell, of course, but I'm not that edicated to P&F, yet.

Easy to chart one? Yes.

Is it good for me? I don't know, yet.

what is "ft"

I've taken a quick long on the Dow (205) - overdone the pre market selling in my opinion.