Hindenburg Omen US Markets.

It’s a stock market technical indicator when on the same day:

The 10-week moving average is rising
New Highs are greater than 2.2% of total issues traded
New Lows are greater than 2.2% of total issues traded
The McClellan Oscillator is negative
The omen is said to be confirmed if it occurs twice in a a 30 day span
and points to a serious drop in stocks. It occurred April 14 and today
(31 May); which is of course more than 30 days apart (46 days).
Still significant?
Falls in June? or Not?
or
A scare tactic to drive the markets lower to create a buying opportunity?
I wish I knew.

Ok then, the Hindenburg Omen is news to me. Never heard of it before today:eek:

However, i've just had a very interesting chat with Barjon prior to your post, where we discussed the very strong possibility of significant falls on the horizon. There is a wealth of co-ordinated instrument based evidence across different classes where prices are at "interesting levels". Conditions for a perfect storm perhaps. Timing though is a different matter altogether.

Found this ref previous H O signals.

"If we define a crash as a 15% decline, of the previous 26 confirmed Hindenburg Omen signals, seven (27.0 percent ) were followed by financial system threatening, life-as-we-know-it threatening stock market crashes. Three (11.5 percent) more were followed by stock market selling panics (10% to 14.9% declines). Four more (15.4 percent) resulted in sharp declines (8% to 9.9% drops). Six (23.0 percent) were followed by meaningful declines (5% to 7.9%), four (15.4 percent) saw mild declines (2.0% to 4.9%), and two (7.7 percent) were failures, with subsequent declines of 2.0% or less. Put another way, there is a 27 percent probability that a stock market crash — the big one — will occur after we get a confirmed (more than one in a cluster) Hindenburg Omen. There is a 38.5 percent probability that at least a panic sell-off will occur. There is a 53.9 percent probability that a sharp decline greater than 8.0 % will occur, and there is a 76.9 percent probability that a stock market decline of at least 5 percent will occur. Only one out of roughly 13 times will this signal fail."

Think these rising bond yields are going to be the catalyst , UBS sold 500 big S&P in the pit at the close that's 12.5 mio a tick punchy trade over a weekend, people
Who are in the know say this is not a closing or hedge position we shall see what happens when nikkei opens I suppose but all feels bearish at the moment .

areas to watch on the dow next week
premarket preparation....so there are no surprises
DOW H1 data
trend supports at 15036 area/yellow line
14952 - 14980 area/aqua
14800 area /green
there is also prev trend res at 14850..so could be good supp
res areas... trend res/red line at 15320...our old friend
horizontal res going from 15320- 15370 areas
then big horizontal res at 15500
at this point it is a technical pullback...no break of trend
30w75s7.gif

Morning All

Div's for the week.

FTSE
Tues 4th June - 4.9 points

DOW
Mon 3rd June - 3.0 pts
Tues 4th June - 0.1 pts
Wed 5th June - 3.8 pts
Thurs 5th June - zero
Fri 7th June - 1.1 pts

ASX total of 1 for the week.

Japan is the problem child for bull's.

Also think it's time to switch.
With long Asia/ Pacific and short UK/Euro Markets and US maybe.

I'm long but conscious of the fact that I am countertrading to what I feel will be a strong down trend.

However, we have all had those feelings before, haven't we?

yep, must be heavily shorted market, if we see some strength might scare the shorts into closing,

i am bullish if dow cash trades above 15,168

what did dow close at Friday - 15115, looking at near +100 opening gap then, mmm :?:

what did dow close at Friday - 15115, looking at near +100 opening gap then, mmm :?:

morning barjon,

we were expecting a very strong monday/first trading day of june, this was the strategy on friday buying the lows to sell to monday bulls

morning barjon,

we were expecting a very strong monday/first trading day of june, this was the strategy on friday buying the lows to sell to monday bulls

Yes the sharp last ten minutes sell off both here and there must have been down to complete lack of any buying interest from the big boys. Must have been happy with the May book and the nice last minutes drop gives them a head start for June.

Yes the sharp last ten minutes sell off both here and there must have been down to complete lack of any buying interest from the big boys. Must have been happy with the May book and the nice last minutes drop gives them a head start for June.

yes, I have 15,400 monthly bull signal for Dow (6640 ftse at current ratio 2.319) 15,250 on weekly view. (6575)