Any spread betting firms cover sensex/Russia?

rutherford

I would like spread betting exposure to these markets. Anywhere in the world provide these products yet?

I would like spread betting exposure to these markets. Anywhere in the world provide these products yet?

IG has the "India 50" (spread 5 points at the moment, but it's out of hours) i'm not sure if this is sensex or not?! I thought sensex was 30 companies, not 50, but as far as these markets go i am clueless! Can't see anything Russian on there either but i could be wrong!

If any spreadbet company does these it is likely to be IG though- they certainly cover more markets than most. It might be worth giving them a call and telling them exactly what markets you are after and asking if they have them!

IG will have it hidden there somewhere, if you can spread bet coffee prices why cant you spread bet russian stock markets :)

Don't think anyone will do the Sensex or Russia.

IG's India 50 is based on the Nifty contract, which is the NSE index. Sensex is based on the Bombay Stock Exchange Index. The futures 'trade' on the USFE, but the volume is absolutely appalling (roughly 0). If no SB can hedge it they won't quote. Russia is similar; although not as bad - the futures are not easy to trade, so I doubt anyone will touch it. There used to be the RTX index in Austria, based on Russian stocks, which IG quoted, but not sure whether they still do.

yeh now you can trade with compatitive spread as low as 2 pips in eur/usd and 3 pips in gbp/usd and you can start you live trading account from just 1uds dollar.i think there is no esay way to inter in the forex market.