Active day and swing traders

'morning all,

Just bought other half of my ICI long @ 301.75.

Other than that, looks like being a quiet day (unless stopped out on REX).

Good trading,

Mark

Added to my AAL position and entered RR, standard stake.
Chart looks good and yesterday broke recent highs, lets see,

As a position trade, provided I don't get stopped today, when it will become a day trade :LOL:

B/O AUN at 819.3

Split

Hi Dave,

Well FTSE's through 5400 following today's option expiry. Time to go long?

Cheers,

Mark

marben said:
Hi Dave,

Well FTSE's through 5400 following today's option expiry. Time to go long?

Cheers,

Mark
Hi Mark et al,

Well I read it wrong, UKX didn't even pause for breath at 5400 and powered to a high of 15.
I can see a bit of profit taking at this level, well there is resistance at 19.
An aggressive trade would be long anything above 08 but beware of the resistance at 19.
As I write, 11-50 UK time there is not a clear buy signal. Remember we are now at a 4 year high so caution!

I had to go out so I missed the rise through my trigger of 06 mentioned earlier and I do not place limit orders on such trades, prefer to watch the overall scenario unfolding and not rely on remote control!

AAL going like the clappers if you excuse the slang!

Euro_d said:
Hi Mark et al,
...I had to go out so I missed the rise through my trigger of 06 mentioned earlier and I do not place limit orders on such trades, prefer to watch the overall scenario unfolding and not rely on remote control!

AAL going like the clappers if you excuse the slang!
That's the trouble with this business... pop out for a few mins & you can miss something ;)

Good to see the AAL gains!

Good trading,

Mark

marben said:
That's the trouble with this business... pop out for a few mins & you can miss something ;)

Good to see the AAL gains!

Good trading,

Mark

Stops tightened, off to golf

Bon weekend to all

Dave

PS DOW looks good for a long for those who are interested

Splitlink said:
As a position trade, provided I don't get stopped today, when it will become a day trade :LOL:

B/O AUN at 819.3

Split

Stopped at lunchtime 811.

Split

Euro_d said:
...........AAL going like the clappers if you excuse the slang!

Dave,

Nice one :D :D Went away for a few days on Tuesday and cleared the decks before I went - lucky escape for my aal short at little more than costs . Bad trade on my part - too impatient for a short I guess.

Good to see some new and familiar names on the thread - the more the merrier.

good week-end all

jon

I can't believe the day I missed! Was it the one in 365? Good timing Silvia :cheesy:
See that some of you took good advantage of it, congrats!

Have a nice weekend,

Silvia.

emg

afternoon

several of us have been flirting with emg recently (usually in opposite directions :D ), so thought it might be interesting to discuss.

here it is from my end of the telescope.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• emg.gif
    emg.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 188
barjon said:
afternoon

several of us have been flirting with emg recently (usually in opposite directions :D ), so thought it might be interesting to discuss.

here it is from my end of the telescope.

good trading

jon
Hi Jon,

Bored this afternoon then, or just doing your weekly prep. ;) ?

Taking a long term perspective, the uptrend that started in March this year seems to have stalled, so I'm standing aside. It could well be that it may now have moved into trading in more of a range.

I'll need to do so more studying & backtesting before adding range trading back into my armoury.

Hmm, on reflection it may be a very good time for a long soon. As long as it doesn't drop through support, this could take advantage of both a bounce off the bottom of the range and a possible resumption of the uptrend (if it breaks resistance).

Best regards,

Mark

Attachments

• EMG.jpg
    EMG.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 166
mark

:LOL: a bit of concentrated catching up - in between gardening - after my absence for most of last week.

cheers

jon

I would like to trade it (EMG) but i will sit & wait for the bulls & bears to fight it out & then go with the clear winner!

Jon,

Looks like price may now be in a range following the initial steep uptrend that launched in May to complete a big 9 month double bottom pattern. This represents its first significant pause in that uptrend on the daily chart.

Given that bullish context, for an EOD trade longs would make sense - either off S, or on a break of R. I wouldn't be in any hurry to short it on a break of S.

Demand appears to be present at current levels, which may support your proposed long entry. Whether it's sufficient to send price to new highs, the top of the range, or just slow it's descent to S at a lower level we'll have to see. :)

Attachments

• Man emg 2.JPG
    Man emg 2.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Man emg 3.JPG
    Man emg 3.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 196
interesting thoughts, guys - the story will unfold :)

good trading

jon

Monday, Monday

Morning all,
Well Germany now has even bigger problems that pre election!
You all know that I do not trade on fundamentals but the news is certainly not priced into stocks. And we all know the manrkets do not like uncertanty which is what we have.

It is a bit disappointing as the DOW closed strongly on Friday and normally I would expect a carry through.
Personally I shall not be entering any stocks early on, actually I have nothing on the radar yet.

There is no clear signals from the spreadbetters yet but I will be looking to short the DAX on the open.
CNBC are calling the DAX over 100 lower!!!!

Talk later and a good trading week to all

Dave

'morning all,

Grabbed profits on EXL @ 1230 whilst I could. Opened long @ 1204 on 12/9. This price looks pretty toppy to me, in the light of an agreed takeover @ 1244.

Good trading,

Mark