26th Nove declare you positions

wallstreet1928

Legendary member
OK oversold strategy again..............bought @ 4100...........25 point stop!!

I'm half asleep.........off to bed!!

OK just woke up from my little power nap...its always hard sleeping when you have a position open!!

got to start work at 9am.........

anyway closed position for 25 point profit, I noticed my stop loss almost got triggered as FTSE went to 4185!!

I made my profit last night shorting oil and Apple........So I can take it easy today!!!

typical, market riproars ahead just after I close position............

anyway I'm on the look out for a new trade

seeing as i'm looking to learn, how do you set up your charts, MA's, FIB's, etc.

thanks

come on people any ideas......................not many people posting any more!!

I feel like I'm here alone.............I'm thinking of stopping my daily blog if i don't get any responses from people!!

I only started this so I could get criticism from people in order to learn

I'm still waiting till the market shows some more clear direction. In a range at the moment and I am expecting a rally into Thursday for Thanksgiving. I maybe very wrong but I am not backing this up with a trade until I see a clear attempt in US trading today. I will be looking at the close very carefully and expect the usual volatility.

OK Minime69 i keep it very simple, no complicated formulas.........

1. I use 2 day/ 1 week chart /or sometimes 1 month chart depending on how long i am holding my position. I then look for trends, support & resistance levels to trade off using 25 point stop loss at all times as its proven to be the most effecetive on FTSE and 40 points on Dow Jones.

2. I only use 3 indicators, MACD, RSI and bollinger bands as they work for me. You will need to experiment and find which indicators comply with your trading strategy!!

3. Research- I always read up on any market related news and blogs to see what people are doing.

all 3 points work in concert...........

anything else my friend.........

thanks wallstreet,

so when you bought the FTSE this morn was that more a gut feeling?

thanks

Beginning to wonder if a break down thru 4050 is going to send us back down the snake again?
If so, next stop 3950.

gut feeling = gambling my friend!!

no i relied on support level at around 4100 on 24th @ 17.30 , 25th Nov @ 8.00 & 18.00....add the fact the market has been trading in a sideways range for last 2 days it shows no real market direction with support & resistance most likely to be traded in a range.............

and even if there is a break out below 4100, if you have a stop loss of 25 points you don't have to worry at all............

but FTSE seems to be holding that range at present.............4090 - 4250!!

oil sector has had a sell off hence FTSE down......but banks seem to be holding up well, I have been expecting a wild sell off there after Citi rescue but people seem to be holding there positions!!
I'll be waiting when that sell off happens and I'll go short on the banking sector Index(not shares but the index...you can trade on CMC) ..........

Went short on FTSE100 just after 9, entry contary to first hour bar again (of SB tick chart, the FTSE index chart's first hour showed upward direction): 2% target and 2% stop-loss. Target hit and position closed for 80pts by early pm, which is nice as index now rallying.

Flat now and I have no other entry point for today, unless we close above 4269 for a Key Reversal long, which seems very unlikely.

zoom, zoom, zoom.................

up, up and away.............

missed out on the action people!!

I did an extended session at the Gym today and have been busy with work ever since...........

besides i did well shorting Apple last night so i deserve a break today!!

well done with your trade in the morning tomorton?

how about you interceptor, have you done any trading today?

Cheers.

Don't overdo the exercise. I made that mistake, in 1981 or 2 it was I think. Never made that mistake twice.

No more trades for me today, my plan only shows entries at 9 and the close so I almost always automatically miss action like this afternoon's if I have had a position and exited already. Its very frustrating, but financially much better for me.

Just the one position in the morning, which I exited flat. A day out with the wife(shopping-groan) was decreed!