Sticky Introduce Yourself

Greetings

Hello everyone,

i am new here and looking forward to connect with like minded individuals here.

My goal is very conservative: i would like to day trade and consistently make $100-$500/day using technical analysis. I dont want to be greedy, but want to be consistent.

Hope to connect with as many of you as possible!

Cheers!

Not free, may shares ideas.

Shioyanama ; Thanks for your concern(s).Yes i teach TA and also can manage account(s),but it is not free(although i can give you few trading ideas and interaction. No web site yet,but can communicate with email (if forum allows).
SEE; GBP/USD 4hrs chart :(a), 1.45130(2016/03/18) to 1.44578(2016/03/30) connect highs with trend line, (b), 1.40517(2016/03/16) - 1.40561(2016/03/24) and unfolding low 1.41697 connect lows with trend line. Shioyanama]hi,commitement or ?.

Not free, may shares ideas.

:)Shioyanama ; Thanks for your concern(s).Yes i teach TA and also can manage account(s),but it is not free(although i can give you few trading ideas and interaction. No web site yet,but can communicate with email (if forum allows).
SEE; GBP/USD 4hrs chart :(a), 1.45130(2016/03/18) to 1.44578(2016/03/30) connect highs with trend line, (b), 1.40517(2016/03/16) - 1.40561(2016/03/24) and unfolding low 1.41697 connect lows with trend line. Shioyanama]hi,commitement or ?.

hi

im siphokuhle from south africa and now im doing my grade12 at ferndale combined school,actually im just a guy who want more in life.for instance when im studying i would aim for an A+.by the way im planning this year to actually make a profits of $3333.333 and im working toward it.

i have experience awful things which many people wouldn't survive.moreover, im a guy who love to be alone(privacy)because that when i develop my mind,myself and of coarse learn who to trade.

Hi. I'm new and never traded before, I received a email about trading and got interested. Really don't know where to atart.

Hello!

Hi all! I have come across this website while making efforts into learning about the stock market and trading. it's a subject which has fascinated me for some time, and in the next 6-12 months, I aim to learn as much as I can with regards to Terminology, Chart Reading, and the "basics" of trading in the stock market.

I appreciate I have much to learn, and I look forward to increasing my knowledge thanks to the wealth of info on this forum!

Hi, I'm a new member on this Forum and a total beginner to Trading. Any useful info/links will be very helpful as I intend to learn Trade in detail.

Thanks,
SCY

Introduction

Hi I am John Williams 53 from Durban South Africa,=.
I Am new to trading, although i have studied it by myself for a while.
I realy hope to meet new friends here, who can guide me further on
the road to self reliance.
Have been working in the printing industry all my life,and am now unemployed
due to printing companies closing one after the other.
Have come to a point in my life where i have to earn a living on my own now.
Hope to earn a passive income with trading,but know i will need all the help
i can get,and that it will be quite a while before i will reap any fruits,if any!!
I will never know if i at least didn't give it a go.
So hi to all, and hope we can be good friends.:clap:

Hello Everyone

Names is Matt from Newcastle currently at university doing a finance degree, working part time around that and self teaching myself trading. Recently started a live trading account with CMC after using a demo account for best part of 2/3 months and making around '£2000' from an initial starting balance of '£300'

Always looking to learn and gain experiance from the traders that are here.

The types of trading I am doing currently is short-term 'day trading' through spread betting and binary on indexes, Commodities and Currencies. In the future I hope to move onto trading futures etc, along with share purchasing.

This seen as a mere teacher through university as afterwards I hope to work in investment or fund management but if it goes well I may decided to work for myself trading and investing my own money instead of other people on behalf of a company.

Thanks Guys! I hope to be active on the forums but I seem to be always busy with something.

Matt

Hello from a professional trader to all of you on T2W

Sorry I am quite new to this form and posted my introduction in first steps rather than in the introduce yourself division. I have been a trader professionally since 2009 where I worked for a company teaching people how to trade before eventually going on my own. I decided to join a few forums and put together a short manual covering all the indicators I use personally, what to set them to and how they work. You would think that people would be grateful for the knowledge though you won't believe how much criticism it was met with especially when I mentioned what I made.

I would just like to say that going through some of the posts on this forum I can already say that the members here give me new hope to forums and it appears like most people posting actually want to learn and share their experiences and knowledge rather than meaningless dribble from bored and negative people who could never cut it in the forex game. What a breath of fresh air and I wish I had found it sooner.

I will post my indicators soon when I see the best place to post it and provided I am allowed to. I look forward to assisting any aspiring trader with my knowledge and look forward to reading more of this posts on this forum

New to trading. Have been told its a "mugs game" particularly for amateur traders and FX trading the worst of all. I"ve been told about" The 90 Percent Rule" that says that 90% of new traders ,lose 90% of their money,within 90 days . Many amateur traders were caught out badly by the Swiss Central Bank abandoning its support for the Swiss franc earlier this year and have lost more than their initial deposit. Spread betting firms apparently need a constant supply of new customers as most of their existing customers loose their funds and give up. Proceeding very cautiously.

You should look into a managed account then. There is money to be made in forex, you just need to know how...

Glad to be here, hope to learn some good things and maybe even share some worthwhile ideas myself.

Hi all,

I had a go at trading indicies last year, and after a great start, thinking it was too easy proceeded to turn my 1000 pound account into 50 quid. I think I may have made every mistake in the book. I then closed my account and vowed never to go near a Spread bet again. I started thinking about it again this year and decided to give it one more go and read a few books. Yet again loads of stupid mistakes but this time I've gradually cut them out . This week for the first time I have stuck to my own devised trading plan and managed a profit every single day for a total of 48 pips. I only trade the S and P now as it seems to be most suited to me. The biggest hurdle for me has been the emotional side of trading and over the last few weeks I have focused on this which has really improved my results. Fingers crossed for next week! Still can't believe I managed profits five days on the trot!

2016 OPEN ACCESS, PEER REVIEWED PUBLISHED PhD RESEARCH FINDINGS ON FAT TAILED BLACK S

INTRODUCTION
The Economic and Financial Crisis of the late 2007 – 2008 has brought serious debates among the leading Practitioners and Academics about the incompleteness of the Derivatives Pricing Models. One of the most criticized aspects was the fundamental NORMALITY assumption in almost all of the Derivatives Pricing Models. This assumption of course makes the models to either underestimate or overestimate the derivatives prices especially at the times of Economic Recoveries or Recessions.
There were so many attempts by both the markets Practitioners and Academics to improve on the existing derivatives models more especially at the stress periods, unfortunately, up to this date of writing this paper, the models still assumed Normality. Though, Basel II and III extensively recommended the idea of Stress Testing which also extremely important concept to address Global Economic and Financial Crises via Derivatives Pricing. The major problem of Stress Testing Methodologies, mostly it deal with IMPLICIT ASSUMPTION in stressing the fundamental macroeconomic indicators, Scenarios, Financial Ratios, PDs, EADs, LGDs and so on.
Recall that Stress testing has been adopted as a generic term describing various techniques used by financial firms to gauge their potential vulnerability to exceptional but plausible events. The most common of these techniques involve the determination of the impact on the portfolio of a firm or business unit of a move in a particular market risk factor (a simple sensitivity test) or of a simultaneous move in a number of risk factors, reflecting an event which the firm’s risk managers believe may occur in the foreseeable future (scenario analysis). The scenarios are developed either by drawing on a significant market event experienced in the past (historical scenarios) or by thinking through the consequences of a plausible market event which has not yet happened (hypothetical scenarios). Other techniques used by some firms to capture their exposure to extreme market events include a maximum loss approach, in which risk managers estimate the combination of market moves that would be most damaging to a portfolio, and extreme value theory, which is the statistical theory concerned with the behavior of the “tails” of a distribution of market returns. Thanks to the Idea of Stress Testing and by extension Extreme Value Theory. Nassim N Taleb (2011), emphases in most of his papers, the effects of Low – Probability, High – impact Events and incompleteness of prediction models to accurately capture Financial and Economic crises or chaotic situations in the other field of knowledge.
Also, he is the one of the leading actors in the financial markets to propagate the inclusion of “fat – tail effects” in the modeling of credit derivatives models. This is of course gave birth to his popular “Black Swan Idea or Theory”. He seriously criticizes the assumption of Normality in the most of the currently useful Financial and Economic models and in the same vein, the Black Box assumptions of probability distributions in the modeling process of financial models.
However, the main aim of this research paper is to consider the Existing Derivatives Pricing Models and apply JAMEEL’S Contractional and Expansional Stress Methodology such that they can capture Low – probability, High impacts events popularly known as BLACK SWAN events so as to predict future Global Economic and Financial Crises given accurate, valid and reasonable models’ independent variables.

MATERIAL AND METHODS

The methodology adopted in this research work is to consider the traditional Black – Scholes – Merton (1973) and its Greeks, Garman - Kohlhagen (1983) Foreign Exchange Options, Black (1976) for Caps, Floors and Swaptions Pricing Models, and to develop new advanced stressed Derivatives Pricing models that can capture LOW - PROBABILITY, HIGH – IMPACT events popularly known as BLACK SWAN events by incorporating crises components into them.
The IDEA was basically on how to CONTRACTIONALLY and EXPANSIONALLY stress BLACK – SCHOLES – MERTON Options Pricing Model using the respectively Geometric Volatility and Geometric Return of the Arithmetic Means of the Underlying Asset Return and Returns of the explained (Independent) variables as well as the Best Fitted Fat – Tailed Effects Probability Distribution of the Underlying Asset Return.

We shall going to discuss “ONE DIMENSIONAL FAT – TAILED MODIFIED BLACK – SCHOLES FORMULAS FOR STRESS PERIODS” in the FORUM SUBMISSION (2) shortly.
Please, do not hesitate to contact me regarding the Post.

You can also contact me via:
+2348038679094
[email protected]