About financing for trading?

JFL90

Hello everyone.

After spending some months testing a strategy, I see that it has good results and is stable and consistent. Now I face the following problem, I need financing because I do not have capital to be able to make a living from this and take advantage of my method.
I know of the existence of funded accounts, but only from the futures market. Sites like earn2trade and similar offer funded accounts. The problem is that they are not compatible with my method. They are accounts for the futures market, and they force you to open at least one contract, which consumes a lot of money, and in many cases would make me reach the daily loss control. Something that does not happen with the CFDs in which I operate. It is very common for me to open a trade, go to losses worth 80 pips and then end up closing the day at 80 pips in favor. Well, with these future markets funded accounts, a positive closing day would be a negative negative day. Because those 80 pips would already makke me reach the daily stop loss allowed.

Do you know of funded accounts for CFDs, or ones that are more suited to my intraday operations? I get the feeling that these futures funding accounts only serve for very limited scalping operations, since if in one hour there is a large movement against you, you will reach the daily stop loss allowed.

The other thing I have thought about is Darwinex or Naga-type pages, where you receive money from other investors, but of course this only occurs if they see that you have a profitable history of at least (in the worst case) a year. And although I do not rule out this option, I would like to know if there is any way to have more immediate financing, such as a funded account for CFD

Greetings

Thanks a lot for your reply. As I can see they work with cfd. However let me ask you why do you doubt that they are suitable to anyone? Thanks

Hello everyone.

After spending some months testing a strategy, I see that it has good results and is stable and consistent. Now I face the following problem, I need financing because I do not have capital to be able to make a living from this and take advantage of my method.
I know of the existence of funded accounts, but only from the futures market. Sites like earn2trade and similar offer funded accounts. The problem is that they are not compatible with my method. They are accounts for the futures market, and they force you to open at least one contract, which consumes a lot of money, and in many cases would make me reach the daily loss control. Something that does not happen with the CFDs in which I operate. It is very common for me to open a trade, go to losses worth 80 pips and then end up closing the day at 80 pips in favor. Well, with these future markets funded accounts, a positive closing day would be a negative negative day. Because those 80 pips would already makke me reach the daily stop loss allowed.

Do you know of funded accounts for CFDs, or ones that are more suited to my intraday operations? I get the feeling that these futures funding accounts only serve for very limited scalping operations, since if in one hour there is a large movement against you, you will reach the daily stop loss allowed.

The other thing I have thought about is Darwinex or Naga-type pages, where you receive money from other investors, but of course this only occurs if they see that you have a profitable history of at least (in the worst case) a year. And although I do not rule out this option, I would like to know if there is any way to have more immediate financing, such as a funded account for CFD

Greetings
you can earn money from forex without any initial funds too. for example, one way would be becoming ab IB. search about that. i could also send you some tutorial video for that as well. but i guess its not ok to share links here!

Thanks a lot for your reply. As I can see they work with cfd. However let me ask you why do you doubt that they are suitable to anyone? Thanks
Their business model counts on most traders failing the challenges, and they mislead traders. For example, a "€100,000" account with a €10,000 maximum drawdown is really a €10,000 account (and that's assuming it's a real account).
https://trade.collective2.com/prop-trading-vs-c2star/

Their business model counts on most traders failing the challenges, and they mislead traders. For example, a "€100,000" account with a €10,000 maximum drawdown is really a €10,000 account (and that's assuming it's a real account).
https://trade.collective2.com/prop-trading-vs-c2star/
Yes. Thanks . As I can see less than 1% get pay out. Then for sure is not worthy. Do you have any advice of how getting funding or financing ? I have a good trading plan but not enough money to make a living of It. I make good percentage monthly but since my capital IS small I would need like 2 years of trading till I get a decent income. I know there are sites where people copytrade you if you have good historial, and you gain a comission for the money they earn by copying you. I think naga works like this. Or darwinex too. Where they invest in you if you have good results. Any tip is welcomed.

Do you know of funded accounts for CFDs, or ones that are more suited to my intraday operations?
Let me make this simple for you, unless you have wealthy friends and family, you will NEVER get anyone to fund you. Period.

Private equity and venture capital won't touch a trading enterprise. Hedge funds only hire new university graduates or the employees of competitors and investment banks. 100% of those trader challenge programs where you pay a fee to prove you can trade are scams. There are a few prop shops around that can provide some extra leverage, but you will be expected to put up your own money in the first loss position, and they will expect you do to high volume so they can get the commission kickbacks. There are no other options.

It doesn't matter if your doing CFDs intraday or a portfolio of stocks for the long term, nobody is going to invest in your trading business.

"100% of those trader challenge programs where you pay a fee to prove you can trade are scams. "

It's probably more like 90%, but there are also one or two honest firms if you do some rigorous research.

Yes, there are stringent rules on max daily loss, max total loss, martingale, use of EAs, max position size etc., but if you can live with that, the pass-a-challenge-to-get-funded prop model is worth a look. Personally I don't mind a 5% daily loss limit or a 10% total loss as it encourages sound risk management.

And the joy of challenge prop is if you reach your first payout (and have your challenge fee refunded) then blow the account you haven't lost a penny. A lot of the traders I know chew through a bunch of challenge accounts every year, funding the new ones from a percentage of their previous payouts. It's a different approach from conventional trading but it can work surprisingly well.

Yes, only a very small percentage reach their first payout, but that is the nature of trading. If you have a proven strategy and you pick a firm that doesn't engage in shady tactics (e.g artificial slippage and execution delays, suddenly inflated spreads, nasty commissions, reducing leverage for winners etc.) you can do well out of it if you keep the risk low. Or risk more and accept you will blow accounts and need to keep replacing them.

Find a firm, join their Discord, check out what people say about them, read their rules very thoroughly, open a free trial to test the execution conditions (ensure the demo is hosted on the same server as the evaluation and funded accounts), then maybe buy the cheapest challenge (you can get a 10k for less than $100) and see how you go. You can trade down to 0.1 lots (0.01 in some I believe) and there are all sorts of products, forex pairs, indices, gold, oil etc.

Last edited: