Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he should be on here,i hate loners.He lurks a lot on here
I think he's just doing his own thing with his journal, but pops in out of interest to see what others are doing from time to time.
I like him. He's (in my opinion) about the best trader on the site and not remotely big headed.

LF - silly suggestion. I am no real trader. If you have 18 out of 22 trades lose. The method maybe right - just change the buy signal to sell and the other way round..

That near enough wipes out all of old mas profits. I will be re evaluating for a few days so wont make any calls on this method. Thats a month of trading down the pan. 50 trades is enough to tell me a few adjustments are needed. I would not be doing this unless I totally believed the method will achieve what I want, a few stress free trades that make me over 100 pips a week. This will be achieved and old ma will be smiling very soon.It does however have to produce results quite soon as to satisfy Lady Flash.
The money i have made so far is not enough to justify the time away from the family.my daughters are 6 and 2,so I dont want to miss out on them at all. Vaco your life will go sideways mate,its a real emotional time for your trading as well. If anyone is thinking old mas method wont work you will be surprised. I will also explain the method once it is proven. Three cheers for old ma:smart:

I think you might just be unlucky starting your Old Mas when you did.
Might be my imagination, but the moves seem to be spasmodic; rangey, then sudden moves, rather than any decent trends. when trends come, they seem to be coming later in the day. I could be retrospectively justifying it, but thats my perception.

Your Old Ma system, hopefully was tested over some choppy times as well, because we're not getting 60-70+ runs as much.
dilemma is to either take shorter targets and more trades, as per wackypete and redart, or hold out for 50+, but these might come after several -20 falsies.

looking back, would your trendlines have been better of past 4 weeks?

Closed @ 1.3514, time 9:15.14 + 10 PIPS

lol, i can see the anger coming out. Great trade. I couldnt find any way of faulting. Even if i said you got in on the 08 candle according to t2win its til likely your entry was below 06. So even if i take 2 pips off either end and 1 for the spread its still a 5 pip winner. i totally believe you got all 10. Dont feel the need to waste time noting time and seconds.I sure it wont apply to you but some of us start trading to the thread and not our methods. I did spent time looking at HA bars. its clearer than normall candles,but ive always traded with bars

trade 2

Attachments

• trade 2.png
    trade 2.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 105
LF - silly suggestion. I am no real trader. If you have 18 out of 22 trades lose. The method maybe right - just change the buy signal to sell and the other way round..

lol :)that would have meant i would have been 250 pips down after 8 days

i think i will stick with it,and your sarcasm has cost you a £5000 price tag on the method

I think you might just be unlucky starting your Old Mas when you did.
Might be my imagination, but the moves seem to be spasmodic; rangey, then sudden moves, rather than any decent trends. when trends come, they seem to be coming later in the day. I could be retrospectively justifying it, but thats my perception.

Your Old Ma system, hopefully was tested over some choppy times as well, because we're not getting 60-70+ runs as much.
dilemma is to either take shorter targets and more trades, as per wackypete and redart, or hold out for 50+, but these might come after several -20 falsies.

looking back, would your trendlines have been better of past 4 weeks?

probably. In back testing (manual) old ma only made about 20 pips in August. When testing I tested with 4 rr and mm plans. one would have worked a lot better. Also I missed last fri which was 150 pips. This method will reap huge rewards long term,but having 18 out of 22 losers should not have happened. it does seem to have been a hard month for most traders i speak to. How you been doing this month

probably. In back testing (manual) old ma only made about 20 pips in August. When testing I tested with 4 rr and mm plans. one would have worked a lot better. Also I missed last fri which was 150 pips. This method will reap huge rewards long term,but having 18 out of 22 losers should not have happened. it does seem to have been a hard month for most traders i speak to. How you been doing this month

me so far, sub-optimal, and treading water.
I am being left behind with the sudden moves. I have no response to those conditions.
I need a new hammer!

Long eur/usd @ 1.3518

Trade taken off 175 tick, chart shown

Candle range open 1.3515, high 1.3523, low 1.3515, got in mid range

Attachments

• Noname.png
    Noname.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I think he's just doing his own thing with his journal, but pops in out of interest to see what others are doing from time to time.
I like him. He's (in my opinion) about the best trader on the site and not remotely big headed.

The "best traders" on this site don't post trades IMHO. He's had a tough month hasn't he, what's he up; 0.5% for the month?

It has been a tough month for day trading I reckon. News events coming hard and fast this week...

The "best traders" on this site don't post trades IMHO. He's had a tough month hasn't he, what's he up; 0.5% for the month?

It has been a tough month for day trading I reckon. News events coming hard and fast this week...

I've checked the results of one of the signal providers (you pay for the monthly subscription and you can follow their live trades). The trader in question is a famous trader.

Their results this year: average per month - less than 350 pips, less than 200 pips in September and a bit more than 70 pips in October. :eek:

Good morning everyone.
Hard to feel good about today when I see almost everyone is already down.
LF - I remember about 2(?) years ago I went 3 consecutive days without a single winning trade. It really makes you question your own judgement. I took a fews days off from trading to clear my head, then afterwards I reviewed my trades to be sure I wasn't doing anything I shouldn't be. As Swan said in an earlier post, day trading is tough lately with all the news bites coming out all day long.

Peter