Your max profit at one week

FXdancer

My best profit for one week (5 days) is 43%. What about you?

I've heard about people who earned more than 100%!

And what about the other 51 weeks of the year.. it isn't the odd win that counts it is consistency and if you try to achieve a set goal then it can often cloud your trading judgement

On my best day I made 125%

and my best week was 598%

But as racer say's it is the long term results that matters, winning such high amounts can spoil you and may give you the incorrect perception that this can be achieved constantly.

I'm impressed, but the risk is very high when somebody play as you.

My congratulations!

Unless you look for consistency, then this kind of thinking is called Addiction to Random Reward, which is what people can't resist on one-armed bandits and is how they train monkeys and mice etc in labs.
However in their case they don't mind too much about lack of reward. In the traders case it means a loss or flat trade.
Glenn

Last edited:
I count my profit in pips so my best day was 500 pips and it was 1 year ago

Anyone who makes more than 10% return on capital in a day is a mug because they are risking too much and will eventually be wiped out.

100% dont make me laugh.

JonnyT

You're right JonnyT, but if you want earn much you you risk you'll we be wiped out. That's true.

1% risk

Anyone who makes more than 10% return on capital in a day is a mug because they are risking too much and will eventually be wiped out.

100% dont make me laugh.

JonnyT

When I began trading I set out a simple rule.

*Each trade you risk 1% of your Total equity !

My account is $4000

So I traded the Russell !
On a 3 minute chart !

My Stop is 4 ticks. Each tick on the Russell is 10$ + commissions ( Total $46 )

I see the signal……. I take the trade. I risk 1% of equity

The trade is a winner from the start. I say to myself this is a End-of-day close trade. Meaning I close the trade at the end of the day. ( Moving my stop closer to the price as it moves my way to lock in profits )

I close the trade out on a cross of the ema 3 hours later…..

My account statement now reads $4800….

I have just risked 1% and made 20%

1% Risked………….20% Made

That’s it !