Who do you pay for analysis, likely trends...?

cara2

I mean the Zacks, Motley Fool, Trade Ideas or the magazine variety, which purport to name a stream of good stocks to buy, for various periods.

It feels like, between them, these companies recommend every single stock on the market sooner or later. They charge a fair whack for doing so, as they also tell you investing should be for 10 years, so you have to wait...
I'm wondering about shortish term pointers, such as, a month ago it would have been useful to have been advised that KRE (Regional US Banks) might be a good punt in prospect of rotation and falling interest rates. Or in the UK, which housebuilders were likely to rally given the new government stance. Both groups have seen 20-40% rises.

I have some ideas, but would like to hear what agencies folk find it's worthwhile to pay out for.

Any free favourites would be useful to know about as well. Are they all intermittent or are any consistent?

(I know, that should have been "whom"!)

I don’t trade individual stocks so I cannot help you there.

Market news - Major publications like Bloomberg will keep you up to date and informed.

Data - Trading economics. A go to site. Very valuable.

Market analysis and forecasts - Look at the big commercial banks like JP Morgan and others. Some of these banks will give a little extra print for their region like ANZ will for Australia/New Zealand.

Bloomberg Termnal is about $20kpa I believe. I get a certain certain amount of their output free on my phone. Interesting but not actual advice.

I was referring to the likes of Zacks, or Motley Fool, there are many.

I mean the Zacks, Motley Fool, Trade Ideas or the magazine variety, which purport to name a stream of good stocks to buy, for various periods.

It feels like, between them, these companies recommend every single stock on the market sooner or later. They charge a fair whack for doing so, as they also tell you investing should be for 10 years, so you have to wait...
I'm wondering about shortish term pointers, such as, a month ago it would have been useful to have been advised that KRE (Regional US Banks) might be a good punt in prospect of rotation and falling interest rates. Or in the UK, which housebuilders were likely to rally given the new government stance. Both groups have seen 20-40% rises.

I have some ideas, but would like to hear what agencies folk find it's worthwhile to pay out for.

Any free favourites would be useful to know about as well. Are they all intermittent or are any consistent?

(I know, that should have been "whom"!)
Hi Cara, I've used in the past a few
  • Simply Wall Street
  • Sentiment trader
  • Vectorvest
  • Omnitrader
They all had their flaws, and none was a complete package. I would agree that they would indeed all come up with a mixture of stocks but they would often (and consistently) fail. I found my own methods to be better and more consistent. I would often sign up to see if i could i supplement my methods with something else.
Of these, vectorvest was probably the better of them. Nowadays however im not sure you can sign up if you're from the UK. Their UK arm closed down some time ago. I might be wrong as they do still have their US site going, by all means check.
Omnitrader is primarily a charting package however they also had various plug ins to determine entry/exit points. I'm referring to the plug ins and one of which used Zacks for its recommendations.
I can recount their flaws, but suffice it to say i wouldn't recommend them again. I also dont trade stocks now (except 1 or 2 which i might have in my portfolio) preferring indices and much longer timeframes. If you're interested in any specific one let me know and i can give a run down as to what was good/bad

If on the other hand you are into indices then i would recommend "allocatesmartly"
all the best

I've never traded stocks, I still trade forex and crypto, but I think sources of information about financial markets such as Bloomberg, Reuters, and Yahoo Finance are quite good as references for news on financial markets.