Which Volume

Tubbs

Just a quicky. When looking at volume for the DOW would it be better technically wise to look at the cash market volume , the futures volume or both?

Depends what you are trading.

If you are trading futs look at the futs, though you will get more benefit looking ar ES volume due to liquidity which will iron out some of the quirks that appear in YM vol.

Thanks one eye! I am looking for more long term internals with the market so I wonder if the cash is more reliable.I will check them to see if they match up.

Tubbs said:
Just a quicky. When looking at volume for the DOW would it be better technically wise to look at the cash market volume , the futures volume or both?

For YM try OBV with red and green histogram on 5 min charts. Sometimes it helps. If you have faith, simple S/R, Pivots (H+L+C) / 3 are sufficient IMO.

Tubbs said:
Both. It's not that one or the other is better 'technically', but you do get an added dimension - especially when they're out of sync.