vendors and coaching transparency

I agree. Haven't received any buy-now emails or PMs from B-a-T, but as I sold him the crappy system in the first place, not surprising. :LOL:

Seriously though, I do agree. I have absolutely no problem with anyone selling anything, even on these boards. Site guidelines are prescriptive, for the most most, and apply to most members most of the time, but if t2w decided to have a coaches/vendors/hooky DOW systems thread or forum - great idea. At least you could choose to go there if you were in the market for that kind of product/service and the vendors wouldn't have to dance around and be coy - they could just have the integrity and honesty to say exactly what they want - and what they can supply - and the world and his wife with, or without due diligence could get on with it. Great idea.

In all fairness to t2w admin and mods, there has been acknowledgement of the possibility of having members profiles - the bits you see on each post they make - indicate if they are 'in the market' and you are considered a potential client/customer. This makes sense to me.

Would make the whole thing clean and in the open.

mr.marcus said:
...so my point is db why arnt these vendors,sellers etc ..shipped off to here then immediately....of course this is a matter of forum exposure ...no one wants to be tucked aware in the basement....so why bother having these additional forums...no logic....again then this leads to the lines becoming blurred and the speculation begins on issues like favouritism etc

mark j

You'll have to ask Sharky and the mods. For instance, I don't understand why anyone who begins a thread having to do with trading and who also acts as a coach or mentor or whatever isn't automatically moved to the abovementioned forum, regardless of whether or not he or she is actively recruiting (though, to me, initiating a thread for the purpose of posting trades does constitute active recruitment).

mr.marcus said:
...i take it everyone else has just been mailed the opportunity to buy BATs system.....oh dear....so transparent.....i wish the way the board was run was the same..... this board has turned into e-bay....people touting for business for rooms,seminars and systems......anthony robbins where are you...and how do i buy the 6sec ab solution....now ive had a lot of mails on this topic from others saying this is immensely annoying....specifically the games which go on .....leading to the highly predictable sales attack.....now i have no problem with selling anything....anyone can buy and sell what they desire .... abit of self responsibility doesn't go a miss...the main ingredient hindering progress in any walk of life.....trading without doubt...so why not stop the games and just have a forum for coaches offering services and vendors selling systems...no problmes.......as usual the simple has been made complex...leaving behind the scenes speculation and conspiracy theories abound as to the true nature of the relationships between sellers/coaches and forum owners...speculation that needn't arise if transparency was there from the onset.now im off to watch price-drop tv.....my teeth are looking not that pearly selfs after all the vindys..

mark j

I've not been pm'd on battys system either. Do you mind forwarding it to me. I'd hate to miss out.

dbphoenix said:
You'll have to ask Sharky and the mods. For instance, I don't understand why anyone who begins a thread having to do with trading and who also acts as a coach or mentor or whatever isn't automatically moved to the abovementioned forum, regardless of whether or not he or she is actively recruiting (though, to me, initiating a thread for the purpose of posting trades does constitute active recruitment).
I have asked Sharky. Twice. And received no response. But he may well be on vacation so I'm not taking it personally. :LOL:

However, Rossored has posted in that forum stating explicitly that:-
rossored said:
Just so that everyone who is reading this thread is aware, Alan et al have our permission to post here.

We (T2W) have asked Alan (and others who post on the boards regarding US stocks or similar) to keep the mentions of their respective businesses to a minimum. We appreciate that some comments regarding {commercial subscription service} and the like are going to pop up from time to time as they are asked by other members, and it is not unreasonable in these instances for Alan or whoever to respond appropriately.
(my emphasis in italics, bolds, underlines) - so it seems there is an expectation from t2w admin & mods that advertising WILL be allowed, for these members, although it doesn't specifically state which members. So I imagine anyone could go in and post trades on that thread, without being too specific about they they were posting them and then slip in a plug for their product/services - as long as they 'kept it to a minimum'.

This one does tend to raise its head every now and again, but I have to say that for Alan to state he had been given 'a Green Light' to do that and for Rossored representing t2w to confirm this, on this occasion, site admin have only themselves to blame.

I'm not sure any increased traffic each party hoped to gain from this arrangement will be significant, but I can't see it as being particularly positive for t2w.

Just my 2c.