Upto £400 a year road tax hike.... F*** me Gordie!

Crap Buddist

You old sly ****er Gordie.....

Fraction of 1% emissions reduction, hundreds of pounds increases for gas guzzlers, by 2010. Gordies ****ing em in the ass again!

****, ****, the people
****, **** the people.

Thank you Gordie.

Like someone said on telly.

Cows produce more harmful emissions ,tax burgers not motors! :cheesy:

page 27 of todays SUN -

a cow with a tank on its back collecting methane -

I don't know where they stuck the tube!

:eek:

Print Friendly Page

lol, yah looks like a goer ! ok so it slightly whiffs of a creative Sun journalist staged photo op...but damn, no doubt Gordie will seize onto it as A) a sensble way to collect methane, then B) Tax the hell out of the cows & disgusting farmers for keeping these beasts.

cowfarts_682_527528a.jpg

Meanwhile all the spent fuel rods from our nuclear reactors will be repackaged into munitions, called "depleted" therefore western countries can drop that litter in foreign countries and kill more birds, well, more of everything, with one stone.

DU_shell_belgrade.jpg

Below.
Tank taken out by DU shell's tank now radioactive, for upto 4.5 billion years..... Hmm its a great way to use nuclear weapons, via the back door !!?? Some peeps say upto 2000 tonnes of DU has been scattered all over Iraq. I wonder who is clearing up the radiation spillage ?

protective_gear2.jpg

These guys are genius... anyone up for a BBQ , we'll be frying tonight boys!! Notice NO ROAD TAX disc on display on this tank. huh Gordie.. ? you slipped up there matey!

everyone please be upstanding..

1,2, a 1,2,3,4.

#
Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

I'd prefer "Skinhead Moonstomp" myself to drum up the troops.

Thank you.

Why Brown thinks we should all be HAPPY that fuel costs are sky-high | Mail Online
Why Brown thinks we should all be happy that fuel costs are sky-high

UK Daily Mail
Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gordon Brown wants to see petrol-driven cars off the roads within 12 years as evidence that Britain can break its addiction to oil.

The Prime Minister, hailing a climate change agreement by world leaders at the G8 summit in Japan yesterday, insisted all new vehicles could be powered by electric or hybrid engines by 2020.

The driving force to achieve that goal, he suggested, would be fuel costs and road taxes.

But the argument that soaring oil prices could benefit drivers in the long term appeared a high-risk strategy at a time when motorists are suffering like never before.

Mr Brown also risked further alienating drivers with a robust defence of higher road tax charges for vehicles with higher emissions - and zero rates for cleaner cars.

That will be seen as a signal that Labour plans for more vehicle excise duty rises on larger cars - thought to have been dumped - are still on the Government’s agenda.

Mr Brown added that he would like to see petrol prices drop to ‘a reasonable level’, but the AA warned his comments could bring a backlash from drivers.

‘Motorists are already suffering from very high prices. This just piles on the pain,’ said spokesman Paul Watters.

The Prime Minister, who also wants motorists to learn 'eco-driving' techniques that reduce petrol use as part of an energy-saving campaign, insisted the future lay in switching to hybrid and electric vehicles.

'I think a combination of car licence and petrol costs could, if we develop the new technology, be to the benefit of car drivers,' he said.

There would be incentives for ordinary families to adopt hybrid cars, he added. 'I genuinely think that this new technology - hybrids and so on - is there to be adopted widely to the benefit of the ordinary family, to change the family car and make it far more energy efficient and, over time, make it cheaper to use energy.'

He said: 'We in Britain have a target for 2020 to reduce average CO2 emissions for new cars to 100g per kilometre. That leads to the hybrid car, the electric car and the plug-in car.

'The general view is we can move quickly. This is not the odd vehicle that would be a hybrid but vehicles that are family cars.'

Mr Brown strongly defended rises in vehicle excise duty for motorists who insist on driving gas-guzzlers.

'In 1997 when we came into power the licence fee for every car was exactly the same. Now there is a range of licence fees,' he said.

'If you have a 100g per kilometre car you don't pay a licence fee at all. Most new cars will be below 100g, therefore they will not pay any licence fee.'

Mr Brown insisted that no walk of life will escape the drive to cut energy use as Britain attempts to lead the way by transforming itself into a low-carbon economy.

Educating drivers in 'eco-driving techniques' would, for example, involve learning how tyre pressure and accelerating or braking at the right time can cut fuel consumption.

From September, 'eco-driving techniques' will be included in driving tests. Candidates are already asked questions on eco-driving as part of the theory test and from September it will form part of the practical test.

Candidates will not fail if their driving is not considered eco-friendly, but the examiner will provide feedback at the end of the test.

Mr Brown spoke as G8 leaders agreed to aim for a global target of cutting carbon emissions by 50 per cent by 2050 to reverse global warming. But the U.S. refused to set any interim targets for the cuts - and green groups condemned the progress as 'pathetic' and 'futile'.

Friends of the Earth said: 'G8 leaders today signalled their support for climate chaos by spewing futile rhetoric that will do nothing to stop the toll that global warming is taking on people and the planet.'

Brown has made an almighty blunder with this tax that will further cement the trouncing Labour will get at the next election. The full charges will start in 2010 just 2 months before the general election is held. This will be very fresh in the minds of 9 million voters and will give even more reason to vote them out. People vote more on how they feel economically than anything else and the timing of this could not be better to damage an election campaign than if it had been deliberately planned.

The other affect of all of this is that the second hand car market has been seriously damaged with many cars halving in value almost overnight.

In all my life I have never felt that a government has done so much damage to the people of the country that they are supposed to be serving as this one has. The "School Masterish" and "We know best and you will do as you are told" approach will finally end in less than 2 years.

Paul

Since 1997 the UK has gone from bad to worse. Labour have been a complete EU love child.

I don't think labour think they have a hope in hells chance of winning the next election. Also, i don't think labour are meant to win the next election, in the grander scheme of things.
With the changing of the guards, just like Obama, the Tories are here promising change. Yet in 4, 5, 6, 8, or 10 years, people will still be discontented, complaining that they did not make the changes they had promised, and that things have gone from worse to much worse.

In all my life I have never felt that a government has done so much damage to the people of the country that they are supposed to be serving as this one has. The "School Masterish" and "We know best and you will do as you are told" approach will finally end in less than 2 years.

Paul

I couldn't disagree more - not because this government has been a raging success - just because the pathetic boom and bust policies of it's predecessors live long in the memory.

I think in loads of ways, people have never had it as good. Unfortunately human nature leads us to want more of anything we're offered.

Don't ge me wrong, I'm an old leftie (in many ways) but I wont vote for this government next time. But sadly I've lost my faith in people faster than my faith in government.

UTB

Are you really surprised ?

I believe we (collectively) get the governments and politicians we deserve.

If the politicians gave it to us straight and did what is sensible and right, the electorate would never stand for it. Look what's happened with the so-called credit crunch: anyone with half a brain cell could see what was happening but the gravy train rolled on. Now we're in a mess we have to accept the unpleasant medicine. Could have been avoided but we didn't want to.

There is the theory that in the markets you get out of it what you want (lots of psychology in there which i'm inclined to accept). Isn't it just the same with the electorate ie the collective us ?

:)