Tradestation 8.1

Hi TS8.1 will certainly have some significant improvements. Most notably for me - the ability of TS8.1 to produce trade signal alerts at the instant when the strategies TA criteria is met on the chart, and not delay the signal until the open of the next bar - as was the case with TS8 and other previous versions.

https://www1.tradestation.com/support/whats_new/tradestation_0810.aspx
Intrabar Order Generation
You will no longer need to wait until the bar close to generate an order. Intrabar order generation allows Buy, Sell, Short and Cover orders to be generated on a tick basis instead of only at the close of a bar.

Generate a Buy or Sell order the moment a condition occurs
Reference the high and low of the current bar
An attribute has been added [IntrabarOrderGeneration=True/False] so that you can set the property directly in EasyLanguage which will override the user interface setting in the Format Strategy dialog.

Does anyone know the date when it is to be released?

Cheers

jtrader.

Last edited:
Thanks RD

it also looks like they have put back a fair few of the enhancements until service pack 1.

jtrader.

TS 8.1 is currently 'being' released. They have a roll-out plan in which not everyone gets it at once. So, some users will now have 8.1 and others not yet, but it will come.

I believe they will notify you when you log on to the system if it is 'your turn' for the upgrade.

The TS forum also knows if you have the new version yet or not, and hides all posts concerning version 8.1 until you have it.

It all appears to be a bit of a strange way to me, but apparently that's the way they are doing it.

I also find it strange that they are now advertising 8.1 on the main site, they must be offering it to new clients before all the existing customers have it.

I hate the way they do upgrades. it is a pain in the ass. They have an upgrade priority list, but I think most people are on it so that makes the priority list useless. I am on the list and usually takes about a month till I get my upgrade.

Ardhill, you are correct about it notifying you when you login. A little popup window comes that lets you know that you are allowed to download it now.

Don't get me started on the new forum :rolleyes:

HG

Given that TS8.1 is an upgrade from TS8 and features several improvements, they seems to be giving an unfair advantage to some customers to access it before others, and very unfair to let new customers use it before existing customers.

jtrader.

Given that TS8.1 is an upgrade from TS8 and features several improvements, they seems to be giving an unfair advantage to some customers to access it before others, and very unfair to let new customers use it before existing customers.

My opinion exactly, it's just not right.

So, I sent an e-mail off to TradeStation mentioning that it didn't seem fair to me.

They sent me back a reply and told me which department to e-mail if I wanted to be given a priority on the upgrade...

I now have 8.1

It will be better when Service Pack 1 comes out, but at least there are some improvements even without SP1.

I don't want to post the details on how to get priority on a public forum, but if anyone is still waiting for 8.1 and would like to know how I got it, then PM me and I will let you know.

Don't get me started on the new forum

Yes, there are a few people who have mentioned one or two things about their views on it, on the TS forum ;)

Last edited: