Trade multiple E-minis?

oberon

Is it possible to trade several E-mini contracts separately, without averaging the price for buy/sell? Many thanks.

This sounds like an idiotic question. I require more explanation. Surely each trade can be tracked seperately if not on your particular software that averages, then on a spreadsheet or something similar.

This sounds like an idiotic question. I require more explanation. Surely each trade can be tracked seperately if not on your particular software that averages, then on a spreadsheet or something similar.

Thank you. I know, this question sounds idiotic, but nonetheless I cannot find the answer. To be more specific:

1. I'm trading ES (e-mini) with Interactive Brokers.
2. Platform used is TWS (Trader WorkStation)

For example, I bought: one contact for 1400, and the other one for 1410.
In the portfolio I see 2 contracts with the average price of 1405.

I did not find how to sell them separately, all i can do just sell one, or two contracts considering each of average price of 1405.

regardless of what the average price is, you didnt buy two lots at 1405. you have one long from 1410 and one from 1400.

Try selling one contract and then see what your portfolio tells you.

You can sell both contracts seperately and it will not matter what the average entry price is. it also doesnt matter which contract you sell first, the net result, when you go flat, will be exactly the same.