To happyhappyhappy and others

Splitlink

Legendary member
Regardless of what I have been saying for or against SB companies and regardless of whether I an correct or not, I would advise all new guys that this is a very dangerous business for the unwary.

I say this because I have had a very good couple of weeks, in which I seemed to do no wrong,
which has been followed by a whittling away of my profits, to the point that I am back to square one again.

I am an experienced trader with stocks but decided, after many years away from it, to try my hand at index trading again. It's a very fast,different , trading game altogether. In the first it is fairly laid back position trading and the second , for me., at any rate, it seems that I cannot leave the computer while I have a trade open. I'm not sure whether it is for me.

Happy, I have noted that you have been on these boards for all of this year, trading away on the demo. I would advise you to get in and get started, only with one hundred pounds and minimum bets. You can't come to serious harm but, if you don't get cracking you won't, in my opinion, learn any more by paper trading. If you don't like the heat, then you should put it all behind you and spend your time on something else. I say this with the best of intentions- this can be very nervewracking and time consuming.

Best of luck and good trading

Split

Ah, split my man, it sounds as if you're coming back to join us in the comfort of the ftse100 share armchair where we sit in sedate comfort in our carpet slippers, with smoke rising from our pipes and a glass of whisky in our hands :D Not for us the frenetic fingering of the young turks.

I'm reminded of that old story of the two bulls who come across a field of cows. "Look at that" says the young bull "let's charge down and have a couple". "No" says the old bull "let's stroll down and have them all".

I can't really handle the index so I reserve it for my play account - the serious business takes place elsewhere.

Welcome back (I hope)

Good trading

jon

Good one, Jon, just what I needed to take my mind off!

I'm not quite out, yet, but have started share trading again.

Good trading

Split

Say NO to SMUT on our boards

Not for us the frenetic fingering of the young turks.

Barjon - and you a Moderator :eek:

:cheesy:

:LOL: to the pure all things are pure, neil.

btw I find the 50-50-90 rule works for me on the index;

Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

good trading

jon

neil said:
Not for us the frenetic fingering of the young turks.

Barjon - and you a Moderator :eek:

:cheesy:

Mmmm. Yes, I must say that I didn't notice that. Thanks for drawing it to my attention ;)

Split