T2W commercial section for members

It's a tough one..yes it would cut down on all the veiled prommo's and spam.. but who would review the list of services ?.. maybe they could have and area with all the services listed and customer reviews right by the side ?.. or maybe just leave things as they are as i like all the threads that start "anybody heard of ripoff.com's new trader robot ?!..I think they get a fairly unbiased review on here anyway!

It is business for the forum to sell advertising,and would get cleaner threads without half spam threads.

You have to take into account that the majority of those abusing the threads cant afford commerial advertising rates anyway. These vendors would still abuse the threads and PM system, and T2W would still allow them too in the cases where it was in the sites commercial interests to do so.

Having said that, there are a small minority of vendors who spam, who presumably do OK from the business this generates in the form of seminars, book sales, software sales yada yada yada. I'm thinking of Joe Ross, and the VSA crowd etc. These guys could and should be juiced.

You have to take into account that the majority of those abusing the threads cant afford commerial advertising rates anyway. These vendors would still abuse the threads and PM system, and T2W would still allow them too in the cases where it was in the sites commercial interests to do so.

Having said that, there are a small minority of vendors who spam, who presumably do OK from the business this generates in the form of seminars, book sales, software sales yada yada yada. I'm thinking of Joe Ross, and the VSA crowd etc. These guys could and should be juiced.

The problem arises when a vendor is visiting threads and posting , solely for attracting business,without any quality contribution or interest in a thread or helping anyone.All the decent members end up reading that crap and waste their time to fulfill commercial interests.

The problem arises when a vendor is visiting threads and posting , solely for attracting business,without any quality contribution or interest in a thread or helping anyone.All the decent members end up reading that crap and waste their time to fulfill commercial interests.

You can filter out the worst offenders using the ignore feature.

Mr Sharky's kindly identified at least some of the worst offenders by giving them a range of shiny colourful badges that they display, e.g. vendor, advisor, moderator etc etc. A reasonable rule of thumb might well be to ignore anyone who feels the need to display a badge

The other issue is of course that the stuff posted by vendors isnt generally too disimilar to the general site content. If we had a situation of 50% useful posts, and 50% spam, then I agree, reducing spam would be a worthy aim, but when you have 99.9999999% noise and spam, a bit more spam, and a bit more noise doesnt really make a lot of difference

:rolleyes: