Sierra charts prices

bootsyjam

Hi there,
Know it's an obvious question, but the area of the site dedicated to purchasing/accounts appears to be down at the moment. In fact, if that part of the site is down, I suppose I should ask whether Sierra charts is still going, I'm assuming it is as there have been no comments posted.

Looking to use it for LIFFE FTSE 100 futures with an IB dta feed, sorry if this question is basic, I think the charting costs $25 a month but can't be sure.

Thanks,
bootsy

bootsy,

Just checked and web site is available, perhaps a temporary glitch. It looks like an IB datafeed with standard features (historical/intraday but doesn't include things like Market Profile) is level 3 which is $16.50 per month. Advanced features takes price up to $24.00 pm.

HTH

pogle

Charlie,

I respectfully disagree. For many Sierra Chart is better than Ensign.

Ensign can do prettier charts (no one can beat Howard and Goinglite).
Ensign can do cute things with fibs and fib projections that I've never seen in anything else.

Sierra Chart is less expensive.
Sierra Chart dll (and I suspect worksheet) programming is lightning fast compared with ESPL (thats why I dropped Ensign).
Sierra Chart has almost all of the features, some better, some worse than Ensigns depending on what you like and what you're used to.
Sierra Chart's data storage model is more flexible and useful than the Ensign model (and more efficient)
Sierra Chart's Market Profile / TPO implementation is much better than Ensigns

But, its horses for courses. If you love amazingly complex fibs especially the Pesavento stuff then Ensign is for you. Both products have free trials.

Pogle, thanks for letting me know-have checked-you were right-was temporary glitch.
Many thanks for the opinions on the two charting packages-I was looking at Ensign as well.

I'm in two minds over Ensign and Sierra, I'm looking for intraday liffe 100 futures prices with corresponding volume displayed on the charts, so the way the volume is displayed, and in what formats, will be the deciding issue for me. Well, combined with which one is quicker on displaying up to date prices too.
Ensign looks like it has some pretty good ask/bid studies from their examples on the site, but Sierra may well have that too-bit hard to tell form Sierra site as not any visual examples.
Will have a go on the free trials and report back if anyone is interested!!

Charlie,

I respectfully disagree. For many Sierra Chart is better than Ensign.

Ensign can do prettier charts (no one can beat Howard and Goinglite).
Ensign can do cute things with fibs and fib projections that I've never seen in anything else.

Sierra Chart is less expensive.
Sierra Chart dll (and I suspect worksheet) programming is lightning fast compared with ESPL (thats why I dropped Ensign).
Sierra Chart has almost all of the features, some better, some worse than Ensigns depending on what you like and what you're used to.
Sierra Chart's data storage model is more flexible and useful than the Ensign model (and more efficient)
Sierra Chart's Market Profile / TPO implementation is much better than Ensigns

But, its horses for courses. If you love amazingly complex fibs especially the Pesavento stuff then Ensign is for you. Both products have free trials.

Sierra Chart is better.

Goinglite

You can program you own indicators tests etc.

Backtesting isn't something I've ever seen anyone do but you could build cumulative win/loss and so you could do it. Could.