retail platforms 4 coding, backtesting & automated execution

Which platforms would you recommed like TradeStation, MT5, TradingView?

I am slowly progressing with Pine but would prefer to build on a platform with automated execution. Are MT5 or TradeStation outdated? Any better all-in-one alternatives for retail?

Which platforms would you recommed like TradeStation, MT5, TradingView?

I am slowly progressing with Pine but would prefer to build on a platform with automated execution. Are MT5 or TradeStation outdated? Any better all-in-one alternatives for retail?
I only use the good old MT4 :) - since some more than 30 years. It is not perfect.

Even if it is more than 15 years ago, I made bad experience with TradeStation as it left positions orphan after a dubious error prduced by the data feed - they were never touched by the scripts again as they were unknown for the scripts.
That happened several times a week so I stopped this adventure.
Maybe they fixed it until now - I don't know.

I don't have experience with programming TradingView or MT5 - until now.

bad experience with TradeStation as it left positions orphan after a dubious error prduced by the data feed - they were never touched by the scripts again as they were unknown for the scripts.
That happened several times a week so I stopped this adventure.
Thanks for sharing your experience with TradeStation; I don't have any experience with it yet.

In theory TS would seem to have all the elements I am looking for: an integrated platform with a well documented language that allows me to code my own strategies, backtest them and run them across multiple symbols and time frames, with the least hastle possible in terms of sourcing data, connecting, or maintaining my own machinery, Also in theory, MT5 would be my second option, because I sense it might require greater IT competence than I can muster. I am barely on a basic level with Pine on TradingView, which is great for charting and indicators, but it starts to get a bit overstreched for strategy backtesting, not to speak of applying it to scan across more than a few symbols hard-coded into the strategy.

Last edited: