Recording charts

wasp

Legendary member
Some educational or information sites have videos of streaming charts and pointing out X Y and Z for whatever reason. How do you do that? How can I record the chart without having to turn my web cam around and point it at the screen?

Cheers if anyone knows?

Some educational or information sites have videos of streaming charts and pointing out X Y and Z for whatever reason. How do you do that? How can I record the chart without having to turn my web cam around and point it at the screen?

Cheers if anyone knows?

wasp

There's a a couple of programs which can do this, camtasia or camstudio.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

wasp

There's a a couple of programs which can do this, camtasia or camstudio.

Hope this helps

Blu-Ray

Excellent, cheers Blu-Ray, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Spot on, great stuff!

Last edited:
hope you post your videos Wasp, would be interesting :D

make sure it is "trading only" (i.e. no sheep!:cheesy: )....who knows what habits you have acquired since you moved over there:cheesy:

j

Cheers if anyone knows?

There are plenty of screen recording applications. Some give a free trial.

Search for "Screen Recording" in google

here is one example

http://www.capture-screen.com/

(This is assuming you want a video of the chart rather than capturing the data that makes the chart)

Crap,

I can't try this out because I am at work. Is this just an encoder or does it have the recording application as well?

Actually, I think I've answered my own question.

"For more information about capture cards that work with Windows Media Encoder 9 Series"

I don't think this is a screen recording utility, it looks like it is just an encoder.

Crap,

I can't try this out because I am at work. Is this just an encoder or does it have the recording application as well?

Yes you can record with it, with both screen capture/and or video, full or partial windows etc Ive used the screen capture and also did a video of my wife by golly.

Actually, I think I've answered my own question.

"For more information about capture cards that work with Windows Media Encoder 9 Series"

I don't think this is a screen recording utility, it looks like it is just an encoder.

ohh sorry see what you mean. Well we have a couple of basic pc's and and laptop and they must have the capture device already installed, but its works on all of them, so assume if someone has a basic setup you should be able to capture the screen without installing anything extra..... ?

ohh sorry see what you mean. Well we have a couple of basic pc's and and laptop and they must have the capture device already installed, but its works on all of them, so assume if someone has a basic setup you should be able to capture the screen without installing anything extra..... ?

Screen recording is is slightly different to video capture in that it is purely software driven so there is no hardware interface needed. An encoder is the software that converts the video into an appropriate format such as MPEG, AVI, M-Jpeg etc. The recording application/utility interfaces with the encoder.

ahh right, I have no idea what capture device captures live screen images on either of my 2 pc's or the basic laptop, but with encoder9 it just says record capture screen etc, so I just click that ... havent all pc's got the hardware installed already ? I would of thought any pc around the last 5/7 years or so would have the kit in ?

ahh right, I have no idea what capture device captures live screen images on either of my 2 pc's or the basic laptop, but with encoder9 it just says record capture screen etc, so I just click that ... havent all pc's got the hardware installed already ? I would of thought any pc around the last 5/7 years or so would have the kit in ?

Ok. I will download it and have a look one day. Maybe encoder9 also has a recording utility too.

Ok. I will download it and have a look one day. Maybe encoder9 also has a recording utility too.
new_trader

I can confirm that it has a recording utility. This is the option called "Capture Screen". I have just downloaded the smaller 32 bit file into an XP machine and recorded my level 2 screen and chart. It works a treat - easy to install. I have no special cards on the pc where I installed it and, best of all, it's free to existing windows users.

Charlton

new_trader

I can confirm that it has a recording utility. This is the option called "Capture Screen". I have just downloaded the smaller 32 bit file into an XP machine and recorded my level 2 screen and chart. It works a treat - easy to install. I have no special cards on the pc where I installed it and, best of all, it's free to existing windows users.

Charlton

Brilliant! Thanks.

Camstudio's really easy to use, great for personal use, but I wouldn't bother if its for uploading to t2w, all you get on attempting to upload a small AVI is.

vBulletin Message
Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

:rolleyes: