RAM Booster

laptop1

Experienced member
http://rambooster.net/index7.htm

.Net is a Memory Optimizer; it's a smart memory management program that will keep your computer (PC) running better, faster, and longer.

does anyone know of a better one to use and are they safe to use.

Thanks/// :?:

Freeram xp pro if you want to force applications to give up memory (like tws when it bloats)

MemOptimizer from www.wincleaner.com for a good product that doesnt force apps to release memory but will take my machine from 450MB free to 800 MB free with 3 or 4 applications of the Maximize ram option.

Both are free.

Kiwi said:
Freeram xp pro if you want to force applications to give up memory (like tws when it bloats)

MemOptimizer from www.wincleaner.com for a good product that doesnt force apps to release memory but will take my machine from 450MB free to 800 MB free with 3 or 4 applications of the Maximize ram option.

Both are free.
I dont think thats what I am looking for I need to Free Up Ram is a simple, memory optimizer. designed to allow you to quickly free up physical memory taken up or used by applications and processes no longer in use by your computer. By freeing up available memory, Free Up Ram will enable your computer to re-allocate the memory usage to where its needed by the system to make programs run faster, smoother and more efficiently.

oatman said:
Get more RAM is the only answer. It's cheap! ;)
lol, Yes you are correct. But I like to see it running in the background on how much ram I am using but I was thinking, could these free ones "Spy on me".

laptop1 said:
lol, Yes you are correct. But I like to see it running in the background on how much ram I am using but I was thinking, could these free ones "Spy on me".
Not if you don't give it internet access :cheesy:

best way to free up RAM after app bleeding is by using the reset button on the front of the PC :) - otherwise XP takes a few minutes to re-allocate RAM.

As a point of interest, Vista (due to launch in January with a lightweight 'Basic' version, as well as the resource-chomping 'Premium' and 'Ultimate' versions) has some neat technology that proritizes RAM usage based on your individual preferences, giving priority to those apps that you use most, be it a certain time of day or certian day of the week. Neat stuff.