Purchase Values

ale

I'm new to this business but keen to learn.
As part of that process I think that the competitions are a safe practice ground.
So, today I selected five investments and have got some reasonable first results.

However, can anyone help me understand how the prices paid are arrived at?
In the share competition I paid 310 for a stock with a bid price of 290 and an ask price of 300. The stock, Genus, is also stated as being up 10 points on the day.
310 sounds like an erroneous value and it immediately set me £645 down.

Cheers
Ale

Ale, the bid and ask that you're quoted when you make a trade, are just an indication of what price you'll get. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of a realtime feed (they cost big bucks), so have to make do with a 15/20 min delayed feed. But to compensate we delay your trade going through for 15 mins - that way your trade should go through at the real price at the time (which you can find out from somewhere like ADVFN). Hope this makes sense.

Temporary high !

Sharky said:
Ale, the bid and ask that you're quoted when you make a trade, are just an indication of what price you'll get. Unfortunately we don't have the luxury of a realtime feed (they cost big bucks), so have to make do with a 15/20 min delayed feed. But to compensate we delay your trade going through for 15 mins - that way your trade should go through at the real price at the time (which you can find out from somewhere like ADVFN). Hope this makes sense.

Looks like I bought in at a fast peak then.