Price for one FDAX contract?

There's concept called multiplication, dunno who came up with it but . . .
say the future is 4411
then what you're calling it's "price" (a debateable use of the noun btw) = 4411 * 25 = 110,275EUR

I think he's talking about margin money? the ES contract value is $50 x index value, so its face value is $42,150 - it probably requires overnight margin of around $6k though.

I dont know off the top of my head the exchange margin for one Dax?

Yes - He means 'margin requirements'. Normally it depends on your broker although there are exchange suggested minimums. Some brokers, in an effort to draw in shoe-string business, may offer lower margin requirements provided the client only has open positions 'in hours'. Generally these requirements can be around half the exhange recomendations for each intrument. If you intend to hold overnight then you'll need the full margin requirement + variation margin.

Steve.

Yes, I was talking about margin requirment, sorry for cofusion and thanks for explanation.
I'll mail the broker.

Yes, I was talking about margin requirment, sorry for cofusion and thanks for explanation.
I'll mail the broker.

I know at Mirus futures one contract of FDAX is $3500 and the intra-day margin is $1500.

So what would be the overnight margin for trading FDAX at Mirus? And does anyone know the commissions for trading the DAX at Mirus?

Minimum initial overnite margin requirements are set by exchanges - not brokers:

Ca 19 000 Euros initial, 16 000 maint. So kind of petty cash.

Hittfeld

?
Toppy, a broker should be requiring in the region of EUR12,500 intial (+variation obviously) in running overnight, half that for intra-day.

Hi,

I work for a Futures brokerage so perhaps I can shed some light here. Current FDAX intitial overnight margin is € 13,950. However day trading margins vary from broker to broker, for example, at the company I work for, day trading margins on Eurex contracts are 15% of the initial o/n margin or € 2,092.50 per contract.

Best,
Forexbroker

I know at Mirus futures one contract of FDAX is $3500 and the intra-day margin is $1500.

Intraday margin is $2,500 at Mirus per lot.

Commissions : $2.10 + 1.12 Euros / roundtrip.

Last edited:
If you day trade DAX with a bookie like IG, they set the margin based on your stop.

So if you bet 25 euro a point, and as long you set a 40 tick stop you only need around 1000 euros of margin :)

Bu you will have to pay extra spread compared to futures.