Please put new posts back at the top of the page immediately

Actually this makes me think. IMO there are loads of sub forums, which makes it very hard to locate content without a search tool. Perhaps it would be better off were there less subforums?

Could do with the link to the arcade back in 'quicklinks' as well. Pain in the backside to get to otherwise.

Cheers.

P.S. Is it possible to do something about the ads that frequently obscur the quicklink list dropdown?

Ahh I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to complain about the 'new posts' link, but is that because you're not aware there's a link already in the top right corner of the screen? Having two just doesn't make a lot of sense.

We can add a link to the video arcade from quick links, as it seems to have become quite a popular addition. :)

Re. the ads - yeah they shouldn't appear above it, seems to be trickier to solve than first thought, we'll take another look.

Fair enough, in that case how about a big NEW POSTS HAVE MOVED HERE =====> graphic for a couple of weeks?

Okay, Arcade added and I've added a note to quick links as I'm sure everyone will check there. I wonder how many people would use that link, and perhaps never realised there was a link in the top right corner, and has been for years!

Okay, Arcade added and I've added a note to quick links as I'm sure everyone will check there. I wonder how many people would use that link, and perhaps never realised there was a link in the top right corner, and has been for years!
Yes, good idea arabian - this caught me out this morning. I was on the point of getting all hot under the collar and writing a stroppy post when I saw your thread!
Tim.

I've always used the "View Posts"! Easy way of getting to current hot topics.

Sharky: its looking much neater, with the stripped down version. good stuff.

Now all we need is a decent ECONOMIC CALENDAR, so we dont all have to go to ForexFactory for it!

Why "fix" something if it ain't broke?

The fact of the matter is that the view new posts button is not easily visible or obvious - you eyes do not naturally focus onto the top RHS of any web page you visit.

There's a menu there which is where my eyes are attracted to - you should keep the key functions of the website in one place - not dotted all over.

Why "fix" something if it ain't broke?

The fact of the matter is that the view new posts button is not easily visible or obvious - you eyes do not naturally focus onto the top RHS of any web page you visit.

There's a menu there which is where my eyes are attracted to - you should keep the key functions of the website in one place - not dotted all over.

Quite right. We were used to where it was before.

I'm glad that that "10 mins ago" business of timing posts has been done away with, too, because it cannot be used easily to locate the last one read. I, mentally, note the time of the last post before signing off.

Let's have some careful research on changes, please. Are they, always, for the better?

Where is the complaints platform? I use the feedback but my post about cancelling email advices on subscribed thread is, still, unanswered. My solution is to stop subscribing to threads--cancelling every time I post, which is a nuisance.

Quite right. We were used to where it was before.

I'm glad that that "10 mins ago" business of timing posts has been done away with, too, because it cannot be used easily to locate the last one read. I, mentally, note the time of the last post before signing off.

Let's have some careful research on changes, please. Are they, always, for the better?

Where is the complaints platform? I use the feedback but my post about cancelling email advices on subscribed thread is, still, unanswered. My solution is to stop subscribing to threads--cancelling every time I post, which is a nuisance.

SL,

why dont you hit the "Mark Forums as Read" button when signing off.
then, when you log back in, it shows all threads updated since you were last on.

Splitlink - We'll check that for you now, it must have gone under the radar. We normally run changes past the T2W Team, inc. advisors - although the cleanup of the navigation wasn't considered significant enough.

Hoggums - If its really proving unpopular we'll put the new posts link back; but our intention is to keep the interface as clean as possible in future.

I guess one thing, Sharky, is this is vbulletin and those of used to it know where "New Posts" ought to be... on t2w it is in another location for no particular reason so we need to think a fair bit harder...

Splitlink - We'll check that for you now, it must have gone under the radar. We normally run changes past the T2W Team, inc. advisors - although the cleanup of the navigation wasn't considered significant enough.

Hoggums - If its really proving unpopular we'll put the new posts link back; but our intention is to keep the interface as clean as possible in future.

Thats Fine. Find new posts is a search function - so should be next to the search link. Not in an arbitrary place on the page. You'd be "cleaner" leaving stuff that is not used very often in the header.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll put the New Posts link back in it's rightful place.