Options - Spread Betting

Robertral

Which SB's are good for options?

I've been getting quotes for single stock options that at 8p wide when the market is 2p wide.

Which SB's are giving the tightest options quotes at the moment?

lol - spread betting with options!! lol. what a recipe for sure impending disaster.

try doing a conversion or a reversal with those spreads.

you may find your answer in the spread betting forums.

you will probably ignore my advise - but if you cant get the money to open an account to trade options, wait until you can. the markets aint going nowhere. dont waste what money you do have on this.

good luck.

I'm only aware of IG Index and City Index that offer options to trade online and they only offer a few indices, forex anfd a couple of commodities. IG generally offer tighter spreads but its worth checking City Index if you intend to hold the option till expiry 'cos sometimes their prices are quite a bit off IG's.

IG may also offer options on major stock options to telephone traders but I've never tried them for this (their website simply says to call them to trade these).

David

charliechan said:
lol - spread betting with options!! lol. what a recipe for sure impending disaster.

try doing a conversion or a reversal with those spreads.

you may find your answer in the spread betting forums.

you will probably ignore my advise - but if you cant get the money to open an account to trade options, wait until you can. the markets aint going nowhere. dont waste what money you do have on this.

good luck.

I've traded RR's on a 1.5 pt spread with an SB...same as mkt....

On this subject... do you know if any of the spread betting houses are offering spreads on the futures on option strategies that are now appearing on the CBOE (I think I saw the idea of futures on straddles floated at one stage, not sure if it came off though).

I am aware of the VIX bets and like these for easy forward implied vol pricing but in reality the spreads are wide. Neat to have a future which effectively earns theta and can be quasi-dynamically hedged in the underlying's underlying though ;-)