Nickel

bauer

Using TA i've highlighted 26000 as an area of possible resistance where I'm looking to Short. Anyone got any ideas backing it up?

Reactions: TWI
You are standing in the way of a steam train. Be careful out there.
Better to go with the flow and wait to see a reversal.

twalker said:
You are standing in the way of a steam train. Be careful out there.
Better to go with the flow and wait to see a reversal.

Now wheres the fun in that!
Not got a chart in electronic format I'm afraid, keeping my eyes peeled for some free software which will do the job!

Now wheres the fun in that!

It depends whether you were on board when it stopped in the station in June. I was unfortunately not getting aboard then but the idea of shorting it would keep me awake at night. Lead may be one that is just gettign going.

twalker said:
It depends whether you were on board when it stopped in the station in June. I was unfortunately not getting aboard then but the idea of shorting it would keep me awake at night. Lead may be one that is just gettign going.

Looking to exit Lead in the next few days, done quite nicely out of that one. Not definitely set on going short, only if it confirms around 26k level.

Wow,
Bauer did you do this?
Nickel dropped over $2000 from new highs of $26600 on very thin, ~100 lots, traded volume
Clearnet announced a 47% increase in margins from $11,400/mt to $16,800/mt.

Base were all a little mad today.

twalker said:
Wow,
Bauer did you do this?
Nickel dropped over $2000 from new highs of $26600 on very thin, ~100 lots, traded volume
Clearnet announced a 47% increase in margins from $11,400/mt to $16,800/mt.

Base were all a little mad today.

Yes, shorted yesterday, took profits on Lead whilst also shorting Tin today.

Just made a few notes from an interesting interview on Bloomberg with James Lennon CEO of Macquarie Bank.
1. Only a half day reserve supply of nickel at the moment on the London exchange. Surely that would mean nickel could could go through the proverbial roof if there was a hiccup in the pipeline somewhere ?
2. Trouble at the copper workplace and another 20% of all copper worker's contracts to be negotiated before the end of the year. Scope for more trouble ??

Last edited:
well 29k is my next resistance level on Nickel, purely on TA, I pay no attention to the news so as to not distract me!