Multi Input Indicator

rahul100

Hi

Is there an indicator / software were i can feed in data for more than one security to generate a signal for just one security,

ie, base security = msft equity, (signal wanted)

look at data for msft equity, but also take into account what ibm equity and yhoo equity has also done ...

is there such a thing?

thx

rahul

you need to specify what you want. You could use an unweighted index of just two stocks if you wanted to. But you need to think it thru.

it all depends on what level you're operating at. There are solutions out there that will do amazing things in this space, but we're talking large budget here. I am assuming you're talking about something on a retail scale?

If you have a serious budget you need to look at a CEP (complex event processing) engine. If you're a programmer, and can get the data out somehow, you can probably achieve it all on a more modest budget using something like Matlab. But as for whether there's a true, out of the box solution aimed at the retail market in size, scope and price, I doubt it. Be cool if there was though. I'd be interested to find out.

GJ

It depends on what you want to specifically do. Radarscreen can do this to a degree using the globalvariable.

Paul