MT4 help

gamma

Experienced member
Is there a mt4 expert on this forum?
I need some help exporting mt4 data to a excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.

I probably posted at the worst possible time and hence my post was lost in the avalance of new posts.
Really need some help with mt4 and I am willing to share the benefits with anyone who helps me,will keep reviving this thread from time to time so an mt4 expert sees it

I'm not exactly an expert but I have saved data to excel files. Have your chart selected and click File>Save As. Make sure the file type you save is ASCII Text .csv
You should be able to open your saved file in excel. The excel data will be exactly as in the chart. Columns are Date, Time of bar open, open price, high price, low price, close price, tick volume

Hopefully this is what you were looking for.

Peter

Thanks Peter,
I know that the data can be exported by a simple export command from within mt4.
and its fine for historic data, what I need is knowledge about DDE for live prices
Its fine doing it manualy for 1 pair but if you want data for 4 or 5 pairs it gets tidious.

Hi Gamma. I've been trying to do this too. You need to go to options in MetaTrader. On the 'Server' tab select the box 'Enable DDE Server' then go to 'My Computer', if you are on a PC, then 'Program Files' and open your MetaTrader folder in there. There should be a file called 'DDE Sample'. Open that in Excel (Make sure you have Metatrader open). There you should have 4 live feeds in Excel. You should be able to alter the code to get other pairs.

I've been trying to use the data to create a table for each pair that automatically updates at certain times but I'm new to Excel and haven't figured it out yet. Hope that helps a bit. Sorry if you have already got to this stage.

Sam.