Macd

shadowninja

Legendary member
Was playing about last night.

Why are the outputs from MetaTrader and IT-Finance (IG Index) different?

We're not talking about small differences but the slow MA differed by 6 and the Signal differed by 17 in order to get the same output.

ETA: it's a shame the forum won't allow all caps cos it looks like a thread about a burger chain that give out GCSEs if you don't notice which section this thread is in.

Last edited:
ahhh hang on, a while back when i sampled meta i remembered plotting something then scrolling left eyeing the past and noticed that as I did so the indicator values changed. For that reason I decided not to ever touch it again...... ever again...... or is that never again? well whatever again anyhoo, I didnt like it.....

maybe it was me but I'm sure I remember thinking this is bonkers, that signal crossed over here, but if i start to scroll back I can see the indicator not crossed although its still in view....... if you get my point...... ?

is this whats happening to you ninja?

bonkers, bonkers........

plot something downstairs and start scrolling left........ does something weird happen..... :) ?

Well, I decided, for experiement's sake to make it match ema lines on the price chart in terms of period length. On MT it's fine. On IG, it's out by a couple of candles.