Loteria Nacional, scam?

quickg

I have received some letters from Loteria Nacional. They said I already won a million euro from a spanish lottery that I never played. :cheesy: Scam? What do they want? :?:

tell me you are asking the question as a joke! (you are aren't you?)

I have also recived the same letter and so has my wife.
They not only will ask for a processing fee but will steal your id. They have asked me to fax them a form with my bank details to them.
Anybody daft enough to fall for this deserves to get hurt.

So my friend....keep miles away.
Gp to google and put the key words El Gordo spanish lottery and then key to read the woes of thousands of people.
Cheers

gawd ...

this is what i just received today...

dec 01,2007

sent from email -
fromSANDRA HEATHER MCCARTHEY <[email protected]>
[email protected],

to
dateNov 30, 2007 10:02 PM
subjectINFORMATION TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE MONEY
mailed-bytees.ac.uk

The Loteria Nacional
P O Box 1010
London, L89 1NL
UNITED KINGDOM
(Customer Services)

Ref: LN/1002/096/WIN
Batch: 077/07/RE46

WINNING NOTIFICATION:

We happily announce to you the draw(#1003) of the LOTERIA NACIONAL, online Sweepstakes program held on Saturday 24th of November,2007.Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:56477700542388 with Serial number 8400/07 drew the lucky numbers:08-11-15-31-36-46-20 , which subsequently won you the lottery in the 1st category.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £203,568 (Two hundred and three thousand five hundred and sixty eight Pounds Sterling)in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.This is from a total cash prize of £1,221,408 shared amongst the six (6) lucky winners in this Category i.e. Match 5 plus bonus.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed online.
This promotion takes place weekly.

Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative Office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your £203,568 (Two hundred and three thousand five hundred and sixty eight Pounds Sterling) would be released to you by any of our payment offices in Europe.

Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential util your claims is processed and your money remitted to you . This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent:

Mr. Alvin Wilson
Email: [email protected]

Yours faithfully,

MRS SANDRA MCCARTHEY.

Online Co-coordinator
Loteria Nacional Sweepstakes
Copyright 1996-2007

i responded to that inquiry and contacted alvin .. this is the letter i received from him...

fromAlvin Wilson <[email protected]>

dateDec 1, 2007 9:37 AM
subjectCLAIMS VERIFICATION
signed-byyahoo.co.uk

Claims Department
12 Bridge Street,
Staines Middlesex TW18 4TP
United Kingdom.

CLAIMS VERIFICATION:

I am Alvin Wilson, your claims agent who is to guide you through the process of claiming your cash prize. Congratulations once again from all the staff here. For the avoidance of doubt, your email address was gotten from one of the websites that you visited and it emerged as one of the lucky winner emails, So in order to verify your winnings, we need personal data for record and verifications purposes. Below is a verifications/data questionaire; please fill accordingly so as to proceed with claiming your winnings.

1. FULL NAMES:

2. DATE OF BIRTH:

3. SEX:

4. MARITAL STATUS:

5. CONTACT ADDRESS:

6. TELEPHONE NUMBER(S):

7. OCCUPATION/NAME OF COMPANY:

8.NATIONALITY:

Have a nice day.

i gave out this information... thankfully i was smart enough not to give bank info out.. but had they wanted to show up on my doorstep i may have been in for a surprise.. lol

this is the next letter i received from..

fromAlvin Wilson <[email protected]>
to wouldnt you like to know lol

dateDec 1, 2007 1:45 PM
subjectCONTACT TREND EXPRESS COURIER LTD. IMMEDIATELY FOR PRIZE DELIVERY
signed-byyahoo.co.uk

Attn:Amy

Congratulations from the management and staffs of Loteria Nacional Kindly, immediately, contact our accredited courier company,as your winnings cheque and all covering documents, winning certificate inclusive,have been forwarded to them, for onward delivery to you by Diplomatic Express mail service.

Note,that you will be responsible for paying the charge for the delivery by the courier,as you are a non UK resident,and free delivery is only applicable to UK resident winners,this is so because,your prize money has been insured ,to the real sum,by a hard cover insurance policy,in accordance with the British gaming laws of 1996 as amended in 2003,which makes it illegal to deduct from winners funds,for fees or charges.This is to prevent misappropriation of winners funds.

Contact them immediately for procedure for the delivery ,cost and payment procedure.

Send them following details by email:

1.Full Names (please no abbrevations)................
2.Residential and Postal Address (You are to send the exact address you want to receive your winnings).............
3.Phone Number............
4.Email..............

ORDER NO:LN0471/098/67/04

Contact details of our acredited Courier company is as below:

TREND EXPRESS COURIER LTD.
123-124 South East Road,Patchway Bristol London,United Kingdom.
Tel: +44-70-3186-0560
Tel:+44-70-2409-2931
Fax:+44-870 479 3964
E-mail: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Alvin Wilson
(Fiduciary Claims Agent)
+44-7045767163

to which i contacted the "trend express company" tellig them i was told to contact them and received this email from them..

fromTREND EXPRESS COURIER LTD. <[email protected]>
to wouldnt you like to know

dateDec 1, 2007 2:21 PM
subjectPROVIDE ORDER NUMBER
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com

toAmy Ratner <[email protected]>,

Trendxpress Courier International
Your Guiding Light To International Parcel Distrubution

Amy

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING TREND EXPRESS COURIER LTD.!!!

Do provide us with your order number,which you must have been given by the lottery officials,so we can give you appropriate details,as regards your winnings delivery.

Thank you for contacting Trend Express Courier UK. We await to hear from soonest.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Edwards
Handling officer
Trend Express Courier®
Tel: Tel: +44-7031860560
+44-7024092931

Trend Express Courier Ltd.-----------------------------------------Linking The World to Your Doorstep.
Open 7days-24hrs-365days

i then responded and received this the final email from them

to wouldnt you like to know

dateDec 1, 2007 4:24 PM
subjectDELIVERY CHARGE OPTIONS AND PAYMENT INSTRUCTION
mailed-byyahoo.com
signed-byyahoo.com

Trendxpress Courier International
Your Guiding Light To International Parcel Distrubution

Amy Ratner,

THANK YOU FOR CONTACTING TREND EXPRESS COURIER LTD.!!!

We have a package containing a lottery winnings covering documents, winning cerificate and a certified bank cheque in amount £203,568 Pounds Sterling from the LOTERIA NACIONAL to be shipped to you at your doorstep there in your country by Diplomatic Express Delivery . For shipment of this package, we have calculated shipping cost with your country of receipt to deliver your package to you at your doorstep.

Below are our three*3*different variants of our International secure priority service to ship your package to you in your country. You are adviced to choose the most convenient from the shipping method listed for you below and make payment for it :

TREND EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL {OVERNIGHT} DELIVERY

Mailing :..........................................£100.00
Insurance:........................................£1,000
Vat (5%):.........................................£055.00

TOTAL:............................................£1,115.00

TREND EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL {3 working days} DELIVERY

Mailing :..........................................£80.00
Insurance:........................................£750.00
Vat (5%):.........................................£041.50

TOTAL:............................................£871.50

TREND EXPRESS DIPLOMATIC POST MAIL {1 WEEK} DELIVERY

Mailing:............................................£60.00
Insurance:........................................£550.00
Vat (5%):.........................................£030.50

TOTAL:............................................£640.50

PAYMENT INSTRUCTION

You are to effect the payment of your preferred delivery charge through our financial patners WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER . using the following information of our accounts officer as indicated below.

Receivers' Name:SUSAN KEANE
Address: 123-124 South East Road,Patchway Bristol London,United Kingdom.
Tel:+44-7024094568

You are to forward payment details to this office immediately via email, which must include the following.

MONEY TRANSFER CONTROL NUMBER (MTCN):
NAME OF SENDER:
ADDRESS OF SENDER:
AMOUNT SENT:
SCANNED COPY OF WESTERN UNION PAYMENT RECEIPT:

Upon receipt of the above payment information, your parcel delivery will commence immediately. I want you to note that your parcel will get to you within the specified period of your preferred option.

Note,that payment should be made immediately. As we will not keep package for longer than we have already , because the package is accruing a very high insurance premium for period it remains in our possession.Take note,that we do not operate payment on delivery outside the United Kingdom,so you do not request for it.

Also note that we only accept payments by WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER ,from outside the United Kingdom,as it is fast ,safe and very effecient.This ensures that we are able to meet deadlines on delivery in line with preferred option of delivery.

As regards your security,we are bound by law to ensure that your packaged winnings is delivered to you,as contracted,as soon as payment of the delivery charge chosen by you gets to us.We are bound by the freight and financial laws of the United Kingdom,as stipulated in the government gazette 2000,in accordance with the British constitution.

Note that we cannot deduct from your prize money ,because we are only in possesion of your prize money cheque,and you are the only one authorised to encash it,and secondly we cannot present it to any of your relatives,because we are authourised to deliver directly to you.If you cannot pay any of the delivery charges,inform us immediately,so we can return the packaged winnings to the lottery board.We expect your response in 24 hrs.

Thank you for contacting Trend Express Courier UK. We await to hear from soonest.

Kind Regards,

Adrian Edwards
Handling officer
Trend Express Courier®
Tel: Tel: +44-7031860560
+44-7024092931

Trend Express Courier Ltd.-----------------------------------------Linking The World to Your Doorstep.
Open 7days-24hrs-365days

"Trend Express Courier" is a registered and copyright trade marks of :- Trend Express Courier ltd..
=============================================================================

at this point i was already weary and when i received this email i knew it was a scam... so this is the email that i sent them....

"yeah.. this is fraud and im contacting the uk police dept... not to mention all of the details i gave you are fake.... take your lotto and stick it up your ass."

unfournately all of the details i gave them were not fake... although i didnt give any bank information out had they wanted to ship me a bomb they now have my address and phone number .

People like this are a bunch of morons and people that would actually send them money to get money are even stupider. when i first opened this i thought it was a scam but played along... i should have played along with fake info... just thought i'd add to the comments... BEWARE .. apparently the losers still have no life...

It never ceases to amaze me just how often this scam is attempted. In the UK all numbers that start +4470.. are special personal numbers that could be anywhere in the world. Also the use of Yahoo addresses just makes it even more ridiculous. That said all the emails will be traceable as will the owners of the personal numbers. I would report it to Yahoo which is what I do when I get one of these as they are quick to shut the accounts down.

Paul

I don't get any of this stuff in my regular email box, it all goes into scam, where I press the empty button and it doesn't get read.

Some recipients get curious, or just want to have a bit of fun, and answer. My advice is to ignore them all, completely. Not being an expert on this, I believe that crooks can get into your details this way.

Split