It's not a loss until you close the position

shadowninja

Legendary member
On the competition, I clicked the wrong button for EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Was down 250pips and 500pips, respectively. Now pulling back. Obviously, I wouldn't have hold that long if it was real money trades. Probably. :devilish:

On the competition, I clicked the wrong button for EUR/USD and GBP/USD. Was down 250pips and 500pips, respectively. Now pulling back. Obviously, I wouldn't have hold that long if it was real money trades. Probably. :devilish:

How much time passed before that happened?

Split

It's not a loss until you close the position

I have seen this stated on many occasions but unfortunately there are just as many times I have heard of where the broker has closed the position because of lack of funds or margin so the choice was never the trader's in the first place.

I have often thought that this view is a little like saying that there is no need to concern yourself with gravity when you fall out of a window .......

.... until of course you hit the ground.

Paul

:cheesy: Absolutely. This thread was meant with tongue firmly in cheek. I keep reading stories online where amateur traders let their losses run. Now where is that amusing chart of a trader's thinking when he lets losses run and cuts profits short?

Going ALL-IN: Demo Trading and Poker

Yeah, I totally hear you guys. I do the same thing all the time in my demo...it's like a free pass to trade like a retard! The key is that we clearly would NEVER trade like that in our live accounts....though we have all done it!

This is my main reason for not liking Demo platforms at all. People don't trade realistically. It's like trying to play in those free poker rooms. Everyone goes all in with absolutely nothing! I hate that!!! (but I do it too! :LOL: )

Anyway..just wanted to write something this a.m.

Have fun DEMO-ING, and Good luck TRADING!

Andy Geller

Last edited by a moderator: