is forex the most profitable trade?

samills70

Hey everyone, it seems that forex seems to be pretty profitable in comparison to indices and stocks, is this the case? Of course there is also the after hours thing but how reliable are the orders you're putting through at like 3 in the morning? :)

I can't speak specifically to spreadbetting, but in forex if you're trading the major pairs you'll have no problem getting fills any time of day.

As for forex being the most profitable, there is no such thing. There might be a most profitable for you for one reason or another, but no market can be universally called the most profitable or easiest to trade or anything like that.

i've heard complaints that market orders get beaten to a pulp on IB - since the interbank market's not an exchange. but i've not tried it myself - just something i'm looking forward to. depending on your broker, your experience will vary.

Since we are told that 95% lose money trading, perhaps you should be asking which market will lose you least money? One thing's for sure - more people lose money trading Forex than anything else...

I prefer oil and or gold but, as Rhody said, it depends on you.

I think the reason why a lot of people trade Forex is because of the small spreads and high liquidity. It doesn't mean that it's easy or even possible to predict wich way the markets will move though.