Futures Outrights

SAINT

Which of the arcades offer the chance to trade outright positions?

thanks

Saint

which markets/exchanges were you interested in?

is your interest in joining an arcade as a grad on one of their training schemes, or do you already trade outrights and just want to take advantage of the facilities, leverage & commission structure?

outrights are great if you are quick enough to buy one market and watch it move up and when u r in the money u sell another similar market, then get out of your long position with a profit and watch a small retracement on the short for a profit.

outrights are great if you are quick enough to buy one market and watch it move up and when u r in the money u sell another similar market, then get out of your long position with a profit and watch a small retracement on the short for a profit.

I know this is an old thread, but... what the cluck?

:eek:

spreads are for sandwhiches...............
Actually only worth while spread i have found is when im having to hedge my physical position with the paper but yeah apart from that spreads are for sandwhiches............

Twice the risk? Are you trading a Dax Bund spread or something? The whole idea is that the risk is diminished mate.

Twice the risk? Are you trading a Dax Bund spread or something? The whole idea is that the risk is diminished mate.

It's just a half jokingly saying I guess. But there's some truth to it. And for the record, I've been trading a lot of spreads with products including buxl bund bobl schatz US2,5,10,30yr, gilt sterling bor swissy crude oil dax stoxx smi S&P DOW and a lot more.

EDIT: in different combinations of course........

I like to spread every single contract with every other contract, it's called polygonal arbitrage

It's just a half jokingly saying I guess. But there's some truth to it. And for the record, I've been trading a lot of spreads with products including buxl bund bobl schatz US2,5,10,30yr, gilt sterling bor swissy crude oil dax stoxx smi S&P DOW and a lot more.

EDIT: in different combinations of course........
In this case 'twice the risk' actually makes sense. I'd say the appropriate description would be 'random number of times the risk'.

Good luck! I remember looking at some sort of a site where they were recommending buxl vs euribor whites. It was mighty hard to contain my amusement.

In this case 'twice the risk' actually makes sense. I'd say the appropriate description would be 'random number of times the risk'.

Good luck! I remember looking at some sort of a site where they were recommending buxl vs euribor whites. It was mighty hard to contain my amusement.

Thanks mate. buxl against bund.

Cool! That's a more interesting one... Have you looked at what this baby did in the fall of 08?

Well yes, been trading it for the past two years. Note that I never said I traded any of the spreads pure mean reversion style. But that should go without saying

Well yes, been trading it for the past two years. Note that I never said I traded any of the spreads pure mean reversion style. But that should go without saying
Yep, it's all good... As they say, it's all fun and games unless someone pokes an eye out.