Fills on I.B. EurUsd Forex

73sand

Does anyone have problem getting a fill on I.B. forex for the Euro/Dollar? Are partial fills a problem?

I get no problems as long as the best bid or offer touches my price (for a limit order). I have sometimes encountered partial fills, for example a 100K order might get a 30K fill. Usually the rest fills almost immediately or within less than a minute, but of course it depends on what the price is doing during that time. Sometimes fills are better than the entered limit price when the price moved straight through it. They do correctly calculate the commission on the full order value (so each partial fill doesn't get charged a separate $2.50 minimum). Of course if your orders are big you might get a very different experience.

So are you trading 100k with few problems getting a fill or small amounts ? Suppose there will be less problems with minimums . If I cancel the rest of the order after a partial fill will I get charged for the amount filled or order amount?

I've never tried canceling the remainder, but yes you would be charged commission for the total amount traded (with the $2.50 minimum), I presume if one modified the order after a partial fill, such as changing the limit price, it would probably count as a new order and a separate minimum would apply if/when that was filled. Yes, I found the partial fills to be infrequent with that level of order sizes, the last one I encountered was on a Sunday evening. If you were to trade the minimums (whatever that is, 25 or 30K, I think) I presume partials could not happen, but then your commission as a percentage of the trade size would be higher.