Dax q?

luckyd1976

Established member
Does the DAX have a low hurdle to becoming public??? What are their requirements? Because there are many US companies selling the DAX/US OTC dual listings...

Does the DAX have a low hurdle to becoming public??? What are their requirements? Because there are many US companies selling the DAX/US OTC dual listings...

Initial reaction is that it's the other way around - the companies in the Dax are big enough to have ADRs in the states. Remember Germany is the second biggest manufacturer in the world (OK maybe third).

Initial reaction is that it's the other way around - the companies in the Dax are big enough to have ADRs in the states. Remember Germany is the second biggest manufacturer in the world (OK maybe third).

Thats was my first reaction to this too. But apparantly some Investment brokers are saying it's easier to list overseas for US companies then Piggyback that listing here in the states.

Are there looser requirements on company audits for an example??

I know I could and should look this up and I will but that defeats the fun of an International forum lol

I could see if they dont require Audits. Maybe then thats the easier hurdles tey are talking about. But one would tink everyone requires audits to be public (Except Pinksheets US)

IBankers have said (loosely quoting,)

"You also DO NOT want to go public in the US - Frankfurt DAX is the better exchange and easier money."