• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[DARWIN] YOT by Morpheus33

AriaS

Hi Everyone,

https://www.darwinex.com/darwin/YOT

For the first time, I decided to try a trend strategy on Darwinex, from this July 2024.
In the past I used retracement strategies, because they showed better scores,
but they all pretty much failed in terms of return.
Now, with the Darwinia reform, the allocations are based on return, so I thought I'd
try some trend trading.

Welcome back to the forum.
We'll see whether you can hold your current position in DarwinIA SILVER with your great profit in July, good luck.

Finished the month at +20%, with €75,000 allocation and a 1st investor ($918). Thank you! 🙏

July vs August (so far only 2 days). It's amazing what a good return in the previous 5 months can do.

1.png
2.png

Last edited:
It was amazing to see it for one hour 🌠🎆
Hopefully, will be back in this or the next month.

1000003783.png

Yesterday was both an amazing and a bad day.
I made a mistake that makes it impossible for this DARWIN get anywhere close to the top 5 on DarwinIA Silver for the next half a year, but I still have the chance to get to DarwinIA Gold if I make another 11% in the next 4 months.

So how this happened: yesterday early in the morning I saw an abnormally high floating profit. I made a mistake of not taking the profit, because it's clear that unusually big volatility means that profit can quickly become loss. Because of the equally big opposite movement, my DD grew from 4.8% in the last 6 months to 10.89%. This DD significantly lowers the possible allocations on DarwinIA Silver in the next half a year. But if I make another 11% in the next 4 months and manage to not enlarge the DD, then I can get to DarwinIA Gold.

I have another deserted DARWIN that I can move to and have a chance of better Silver allocations. It has DD=2.5% in the last 6 months, that will probably grow to my normal 6%. But it will have to make 28% in the next 9 months in order to get to Gold.

I think, running both these DARWINs is not an option, since they will be fully correlated. New Darwin is not an option too: Minimum 8 months until Gold.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yesterday was both an amazing and a bad day.
I made a mistake that makes it impossible for this DARWIN get anywhere close to the top 5 on DarwinIA Silver for the next half a year, but I still have the chance to get to DarwinIA Gold if I make another 11% in the next 4 months.

So how this happened: yesterday early in the morning I saw an abnormally high floating profit. I made a mistake of not taking the profit, because it's clear that unusually big volatility means that profit can quickly become loss. Because of the equally big opposite movement, my DD grew from 4.8% in the last 6 months to 10.89%. This DD significantly lowers the possible allocations on DarwinIA Silver in the next half a year. But if I make another 11% in the next 4 months and manage to not enlarge the DD, then I can get to DarwinIA Gold.

I have another deserted DARWIN that I can move to and have a chance of better Silver allocations. It has DD=2.5% in the last 6 months, that will probably grow to my normal 6%. But it will have to make 28% in the next 9 months in order to get to Gold.

I think, running both these DARWINs is not an option, since they will be fully correlated. New Darwin is not an option too: Minimum 8 months until Gold.
Any ideas?
As long as you have an allocation, it makes sense to try to make money with it, regardless what happened.

But take care about and watch your VaR - that will cut your replication in future for a while together with the target VaR.

The VaR is caluculated from the last 45 trading days.
That means your VaR can continue rising without extending the trading acrtivities.

A max. 6 month period is used to establish the DARWIN's target VaR. Should the ratio exceed 2:1 in a period shorter than 6 months, Darwinex would use the time between the highest and the lowest VaR in those 6 months, never exceeding the 6 month lookback period.

(Info was taken from a recent communication with Darwinex).

As long as you have an allocation, it makes sense to try to make money with it, regardless what happened.

But take care about and watch your VaR - that will cut your replication in future for a while together with the target VaR.

The VaR is caluculated from the last 45 trading days.
That means your VaR can continue rising without extending the trading acrtivities.

A max. 6 month period is used to establish the DARWIN's target VaR. Should the ratio exceed 2:1 in a period shorter than 6 months, Darwinex would use the time between the highest and the lowest VaR in those 6 months, never exceeding the 6 month lookback period.

(Info was taken from a recent communication with Darwinex).
Thanks! Yes, I'll be staying with this Darwin and trying to get it to DarwinIA Gold. If and when this happens, I can start the same strategy at the deserted Darwin, that can get better Silver Allocations. I didn't know that would work, but Darwinex told me Yesterday, that two fully correlated darwins can participate in different DarwinIAs.