concentration training

Vaco

I stumbled accross this and thought others may find it beneficial,

Focusing and Controlling the Mind

I where it is discussed that we are not our mind our mind is just a tool i found of interest, as it is our mind/emotions that prohibit us from achieving our trading goals.

Also the part about wondering thoughts must be detrimental especially for daytraders.

hope its of use.

Thanks for that link Elefteros (crazy fool)
Psycology and money management - that's where the secrets lie

Western,

We all know the importance of pyschology (and money management) but the links above are so simple and obvious - they don't hide behind pseudo-scientific bollox. I hope all the sections are as good.

Grant.

I have enjoyed the Will Power and Self Discipline section.
Discipline in ones self should equal the same discipline in trading

Glad you guys found the site as good as I did,

I've now found a trading strategy that fits well with m personality needs and is profitable. After 2weeks holiday were I traded the system successfully Im now planning to take a 3 month break from work to trade before hopefully resigning and remaining a full time trader.

I understand this will add a great deal of psychological pressure and my loss days (which there WILL be) still get me down and make me scared to pull the trigger the following day.

This is why I'll be putting a lot more effort now into controlling my thoughts and other aspects of my mind discussed on that site.

I'm also struggling with switching off from trading once i have finnished for the day(especially after a loss) and on the weekends.

I want my trading to give me freedom and flexibility not become a slave to it:devilish: