CMC Markets

Hmm not good. Seem to be growing fast though.

anyone else any experience from an employment perspective?

Ignore any crap on forex peace army, it's a site ran by scammers (allegedly :p) - quite cleverly they reckon those who have been scammed are pretty dim so scam them again - as their disclaimer says, "All information posted on this website is of our opinion and the opinion of our visitors, and may not reflect the truth."

CMC are a legitimate firm - from an employment perspective they're probably pretty decent I would guess.

Anyone work there or know much about them?

Traded with them a bit. Their platform has some nice bits, but didn't really suit me. Seen their data feed spike terribly (on the web platform), and got requoted more than I'd have liked, but neither was a serious issue for me (I keep my stop/loss a long way from the action, and I just walked away from the requotes if I didn't like them). *shrugs*

Hi,
Im gonna start working there at a internship and i belive they are pretty good.

(Sorry, for bringing up a old post)

only thing I know about them is from a customers perspective,

their customer service is pretty good, they took a little longer than i expected getting my account set up, since i filled in everything online and funded it straight away. however the custoemr services rep was friendly and helpful.

from a trading perspective their platform is good but the commissions they charge almost kill any profits or add dearly to the loses you make, if you are trading long term this will not be a too much of a problem.

for instance i day traded GBP/USD and did 12 round turns of 10k each, I made just over £50 profit for the day (factoring in the spread) but then they charge approx £1 per round turn in commission for teh 50k, ontop of a fixed 3 pip spread, they are not as competitive in this area as they tout. The 'profits are tax free' gimmeck, forget it, dont be sucked in.

take away these commissions and i paid just over £20 in 'tax' on my £50 winnings,

this left me with just under £30 profit for the day, from a traders perspective, I would rather pay the tax man 20% and have that money contribute to my NI, pension, army etc, and trade with tighter spreads and better execution, and a much heavier capitilasied company,than pay 44% to CMC off my profits.

TAX free, no way you are heavily taxed to trade with these types of firms. and you get nothing in return from contributing to them.

from a personal trading point view not my choice of provider, but from an employment point of view they are one of the biggest cfd/ spreadbet providers.

from a personal trading point view not my choice of provider, but from an employment point of view they are one of the biggest cfd/ spreadbet providers.

IG index is the larget and is also the longest one running, first established back in the mid 70's.