Chat room advice

tommac

I fancy joining a trading chatroom in the new year --Forex and Oil mainly. Any good friendly ones around ? Decided its too damn quiet trading on lonesome at home.
Have headset will use.:LOL:

I can understand the need to reduce the solitary nature of trading.

What you need to consider is whether you want a room that trades similarly to you, and are confident enough not to be wavered from your own rules by a strong-willed room-host.

Or, a room that trades an entirely different technique, where your rules arent undermined, since you trade so differently, and can offer different insights.

I havent yet found a good generalist room, where different views are catered for. This makes sense, as you need a strong and well-defined structure, and a generalist one would tend to lose momentum.

That said, bnaimy has his room on paltalk. (only been there today, but overall seems good, and quiet-ish)

Sadly, Grey1 has stopped his Technical Trader room, (unless he's gone elsewhere and left me behind! I loved his denouncements of moving-averages! :) ) An absolute pity, IMO, as he was an excellent communicator, and his insights always educative.

There is the Two Percent club, I think thats THERUMPLEDONES room. not been in there, as his postings on T2W tend to be vociferous, and scathing of anything not his own rules.

I did subscribe to danarms room, but decided to leave. I was getting signals counter to his, and found his teams commentary persuasive enough for me to not take my own signals. (this is a subscription room)

I think Phil Newtons room would be fantastic to join, but its a subscription room. If his persona here at T2W is anything to go by, I reckon his room would be welcoming, educative and supportive.

Hope you find something good.

Is there any reason why T2W cant open a paltalk room?

not related to a trading room but do you use a squak box like traders audio? i find listening to his commentary and pit noise provides a bit of human contact..

Tks --i`ll have a look. I assumed there were loads. What with teamspeak and Paltalk etc freely available.