Blogs

Yes in fact. We've got a conversion script that is scheduled to be finished weds which will convert us over from existing system to a new one that supports attachements/images. If this is finished Weds, we could test Thurs, and go live Friday this week. Stay tuned for updates..

Yes in fact. We've got a conversion script that is scheduled to be finished weds which will convert us over from existing system to a new one that supports attachements/images. If this is finished Weds, we could test Thurs, and go live Friday this week. Stay tuned for updates..

A fallback, or an entirely separate option, might be to exclude the Sandpit from the New Post bump, so that people could test and so forth without having to ask people to "please ignore".

Yeah this is a good idea - I'll set this up now. Feel free to test in a few mins.

If I recall - I spent a bit of time looking into this. It's either a bug in the system or a flaw in the forum software - I suspect the first, but it could be the second. Basically can you try searching for sand pit posts and see if they come up - they definitely shouldn't. New posts are effectively a search like any other, so I expect them to show up to. Either way I'll add a task to our bug tracker to look into it, but's it's low priority at the moment so might take a few weeks to fix!

The blogs are now upgraded and blog posters can attach files and images just like normal forum posts.

Been experimenting a bit with the blog feature and I have three questions.

(1) Why does it say
"You do not have permission to remove blog entries." if I want to delete an entry? I can remove it, but it's not permanently deleted. I think owners should be able to delete their own mistakes.

(2) Would it be possible to give access on a per-category basis? That way you could have a private and a public section. Or would that take too much work to implement?

(3) Can't find the Print function (to PDF) somewhere, is it only available for threads?