Automated Trading Championship 2011

Do you trust the results?

Never studied it properly. I expect it's the kind of thing you may want to follow from day 1of the contest and draw your own conclusions. The organisers also carry out extensive interviews of leading participants along the way.

Never entered it, never will most likely, not with anything serious.

1-They take your source code.
2-It's only judged on % return, so obviously just a gimmick.

It is an opportunity not only to participate, but for copying orders of the professional traders.

Very professional traders don't provide such services.

My 2 cents,

Josef

Perhaps not about this event, but of these types of events.

Apart from the marketing point of view - the winning strategy wins in the type of market is was fitted to. In general strategies are fitted to perform in trending markets, or in sideways trading markets. There are rare/sophisticated ocations of self-adjusting strategies not taking into consideration here.

Thus if you participate with three strategies, one is sell and hold till profit of X, other buy and hold till profit of X, and the third sell overbaught and buy oversold - you will always be a winner of one of them.

If 100 participates, each with a fitted strategy, at least one of them will be very profitable, the one which happens to be fitted to the market behaviour during the competition. You could even participate with 100 strategies.

Make a competition using live accounts, and you get my attention.

Last edited: