Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

seems to me s&p is the fat controller at the mo ....1600 needs to hold for the bulls ....markets will react sharp if it ticks below.....just my 2.9 ticks worth:)

ok Talbs, morning bustech

FTSE current range 28pts a lot of potential, think it wants higher

HSBA important for ftse, very strong open above buy pivot but sold off, need it above 683 currently 678

just looking at 6 month chart, 6260 seems a natural place for longs to target, neckline

Last edited:
FTSE and DAX had the big gap down on the 20th.

And we are in area's where long's tried to support the market on 20th and 21st

Which then gave way, so wonder if long's are off loading these trade's now we are back in this area.

Which could be causing the hold back and chop.

Some big numbers out later - US unemployment claims & pending home sales. Looks like European indices may tread water until Mr S&P wakes up and tells them what to do.

German unemployment claims were very positive. I thought we might of got more of a rip on the Dax on that news.

Some big numbers out later - US unemployment claims & pending home sales. Looks like European indices may tread water until Mr S&P wakes up and tells them what to do.

German unemployment claims were very positive. I thought we might of got more of a rip on the Dax on that news.

think in some parts of germany they have labour shortages,

US economy is improving a lot, hence talk of tapering

UK 1Q Real Disposable Income -1.7% QQ, Biggest Fall Since '87 (from michael hewson)

FTSE and DAX had the big gap down on the 20th.

And we are in area's where long's tried to support the market on 20th and 21st

Which then gave way, so wonder if long's are off loading these trade's now we are back in this area.

Which could be causing the hold back and chop.

Good point, markets tried to bounce during the Asian session and on the morning of 21 June but the bounce failed and the sell off continued. Dax seems to be finding resistance in the area of this reversal which is also a 50% fib retracement of the move down from 19th to 24th June

Last edited:
looks bullish but other markets not pushing on ? expect the "backfill" before i push higher when Us markets open

looks good to me for a test above 15 k , i think we rally har don the open id take profit on longs and wait and seee