Anyone know what's wrong with the CAC this morning?

theEdge

The basis of the futures contract has made a big move overnight. Have there been dividends or something?

Are you talking about the Dec contract? I can't see an abnormal move in my charts for that one.

Jack o'Clubs said:
Are you talking about the Dec contract? I can't see an abnormal move in my charts for that one.

I'm trading the November contract. The "futures-cash" price on CQG has dropped a lot this morning.

There's an opening gap down of 26 points on my Nov charts, but that would be explained by the US futures / election overnight and doesn't seem a very aggressive move.

I have the same 26 point gap the question you have to ask is it a fill or a runaway

Or is it time to go all in?

Its never a time to go all in

Trading is a complicated game not a roulette wheel, geez what do I sound like :rolleyes:

What exactly is a "filler"? I'm just an electronic punter and don't know these old school terms.

means that the market is going to close, or "fill", the gap it left on opening this morning..

all gaps get filled by definition, apart from those at the extremes of moves..

eg i think we may still have an unfilled gap on the Dow at about the 8,000 level from back in 2002..

could be a while before we see that again, if ever.

FC

and there you go... it has now filled its gap..

now its done that, its decision time, up or down?