Anyone know Chinese market?

qingbear

Some friends tell me that it is a great chance invest China stocks.But I'm not sure the risk. Anyone know? Is it worth to do? And which website could I get some information about it? I just know one: http://sinostocks.org.cn/

Have a look at Chairman Maoxian.

He's an American trader who gets around in the world living in China at the moment as he likes the girls there hehe, which is quite understandable seeing those pics, and he's got his head screwed on straight too :)

I'd have a chat with him.

That said, when just anyone, plus all their friends, cousins and hairdressers start telling you to invest somewhere, I'd say that that train has left the station, just like Elvis has left the building.

PS: trading wise, check out his Trading for Dummies Series

Attachments

• hsceiw.PNG
    hsceiw.PNG
    44.6 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
BSD would you kindly explain all the stuff on your chart, other than the price action. I do not recognise it.

TWI, I nicked that chart off of Maoxians site. He is basically a trend trader trading off of price and maybe a moving average as per his dummy trading examples, what he's added unto that chart for some reason unknown to me is a DeMark Sequential Countdown indicator.

He doesn't normally dwell on the dark side of things tho, normally his approach is the essence of simplicity:

20030710gcd.gif

Gold Futures, Daily Chart
"In this post I'll show how to use the hourly chart in conjunction with the daily chart to make a trading decision. The trend in the daily gold futures flipped down on June 23rd, so since that time it has been smart to focus on playing GC from the short side. You can't just get short willy-nilly, you have to drop down to a smaller time-frame to pick your spots.

20030710gch.gif

"When I see the trend flip up on the hourly at the same time that I know the daily trend is down, I start to think about picking a spot to get short. The swing lows on the hourly chart become the key levels that I look to get short under.

The instant I'm filled short, I place my protective buy-stop cover above the swing high, and then trail the stop to protect myself, first to breakeven and then lower to lock in any profits. A handy target to expect price eventually to reach is a key low, which in this case was 343.30, the swing low on June 27th.

It's one thing to walk through these trades using hindsight, and another thing to execute them in real-time. It's easy to believe in the correctness of trading with the trend, but it's often difficult to put it into practice, especially for those who get a kick out of "bucking the trend."

http://www.maoxian.com/archive/20030711.html

Happy Chinese New Year

Thanks a lot,BSD. :cheesy:

China plan launching new boards within the stock exchanges on the lines of NASDAQ and the GEM market in Hong Kong.Is it means there's chance of industries like information technology and biotechnology ?
http://sinostocks.org.cn/2007/12/china-to-launch-new-boards-in-stock-exchanges/

It might be an idea to invest in the "exchanges" themselves - in hindsight that would have been a great idea in uk/europe and us ..... so I would imagine the same would apply for China ..at the right price :cheesy: