AC v Inter

Perrington

Did you see the passion displayed at that game by the Inter supporters last night ?

My first reaction is that this will be an encuse for UEFA to slap down the English supporters again, warning us that if our fans misbehave we will be kicked out of Germany 2006 :)

That wasn't passion, that was stupidity. Inter should be banned from the Champions League for years and all of Italian football seriously investigated.
A disgrace which doesn't bode well for Liverpool's game tonight.

This is exactly where iam coming from, its the english who are in town tonight, and any violence at tonights game would throw the spotlight back onto us, as UEFA historically have only been to keen to do. (Leeds & Turkish games prior to the completetion of Euro 2004 qualification springs to mind)

The disallowed goal last night, there was nothing wrong with it.

Did you see the passion displayed at that game by the Inter supporters last night ?

I didn't know that passion necessarily equated to wanton violence and nastiness :rolleyes:

It certainly doesn't Salty you are right, maybe an inappropriate choice of words from myself. But given the stakes in last night's game, in one of the most fiercest rivalries, and given that the goal was disallowed for no genuine reason, I think I too may have been pressed into displaying my association's with Inter in a negative form. Football is a very passionate game, for fans alike.

Frankly, i think that's a stupid comment. The goalie Dida could have been blinded!

I doubt you'd be making jokes if a flare was thrown at you.

The Beyonder said:
Frankly, i think that's a stupid comment. The goalie Dida could have been blinded!

I doubt you'd be making jokes if a flare was thrown at you.

Lighten up, he wasn't blinded and if he had been the joke wouldn't have been made.

We can all say could've been. I could be knocked down by a bus tonight so don't make any

bus jokes.

schoe said:
I could be knocked down by a bus tonight so don't make any bus jokes.
I wasn't intending to: would not demean you like that. I only make taxi jokes.

Maybe someone can back test a set-up based on the frequency of trade2win posters who are dangerous taxi drivers based on dvla's driving database.