Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

getting close to crunch time.. this triangle is getting tighter..

as our illustrious leader might say..

mischief ahead...

FetteredChinos can you elaborate on your previous statement, please? I want to know how it is that you accurately predicted today was for 'the oscillators' and what 'the oscillators' are. Of course, I appreciate that this may reveal your methodology, which you have worked hard and tirelessly on no doubt, so I understand should you decline to comment. Any response, no matter how small, which illustrates or reveals all or any validity of your thinking and conclusion, so that I may advance or underpin my knowledge and understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

By looking at the 15min chart I feel in the next 15minutes we will make a decisive move north or south......

goodluck

thedunce said:
FetteredChinos can you elaborate on your previous statement, please? I want to know how it is that you accurately predicted today was for 'the oscillators' and what 'the oscillators' are. Of course, I appreciate that this may reveal your methodology, which you have worked hard and tirelessly on no doubt, so I understand should you decline to comment. Any response, no matter how small, which illustrates or reveals all or any validity of your thinking and conclusion, so that I may advance or underpin my knowledge and understanding will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

right, ok.. relatively simple this one.. there is nothing new in trading, so im going to tell you why..

a chap called Taylor postulated that the markets moved in 3 day cycles, which are fairly loose, and open to interpretation.

the order is buy day, sell day, short sell day.

buy day is an early low followed by a rally

sell day is a largely sideways day where the institutions offload their longs from the previous day. the market is kept fairly close to the high established on the buy day (this is what we are seeing today). Sell days are usually narrow ranges, whipsawing one way and another (again, what we are seeing today)

short sell days complete the cycle. these are characterised by an early strength, which then sells off into the close..

the pattern sometimes extends into 4 or 5 days, and occasionally misses out the sell day, depending on fundamental economic news.

there is a document on here somewhere that i posted.. do a search for LSS and you should find it.

as for an oscillator day - osciallators work best in a rangebound market, and make losses on trending days.. there was a fair chance that we were going to have a "sell day" today, and therefore a fair chance that oscialltors would have been useful to call the tops and bottoms.

i hope this helps..

remember to find something that works for you..

if you need anything else, then please ask..

there are few secrets...

fc

edit:- found the document and am attaching it here for convenience..

Attachments

• LSS.doc
    63 KB · Views: 196
I have to be care full on what stuff I put up on this site....with the content Mod :eek: :cheesy:

FC I think your on the wrong thread :cheesy:

you edited.... :D

You just need the standard divation & away you go

Attachments

• lss.pdf
    150.8 KB · Views: 241
Right we have just played near the lows of the day....we should see a close near the highs of the session......

This would have to be a good false break-out for that to happen. I wouldn't bet the farm on a close near the highs.

user said:
Right we have just played near the lows of the day....we should see a close near the highs of the session......

This market hasn't been able to get going upwards despite oil going down, why should it have the momentum to go up?

...there goes the neckline for the H&S I mentioned before. Expect 50 points down, to 10,200... possibly.

FetteredChinos said:
or foolish...

If those candles just now don't get buyers in, then I wouldn't stand in the way!
But going up on reducing vols not so good

It managed it yesterday.......

Call it a delayed reaction.......if it does close at the highs then no doubt we'll have a reason....

10180 the low and 10300 the close....

...that alone may imply why we could well close at the highs of the session.

Currently at the lows of the session 10250 which should provide support.....the area needs to hold for any bullish action in the short term.....

120 point move from the low yesterday to close not under 10300 but at 10300......I can't understand why we're playing around like this.......close near the highs thats just the way its looking like to me......

Anyway goodluck all

FetteredChinos,

Thank you for your reply. I must admit that I find the brushstrokes of what is postulated hard to understand and at best confusing; but no one said the task of sifting through the information available to the Public was an easy and enjoyable task, let alone a pursuit that would yield a result. I will investigate the attachment you have provided and examine it intensely, just as you have, to assess whether the content of it has any validity or not. I may come to the same conclusion that you no doubt arrived at long ago, but I must be satisfied in my own eyes. I'm sure I have no need telling you this. Many thanks again, your posts are helping to satisfy my Questions and thoughts regarding the Stock Market and its participants.