How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must run now, but I will leave you with:

Another Glimpse

Slainte

3.4s

CYOF.

Your doing good! you are potential futr 3.4S member.
Did you get my PM?

Socco. your doing great at your job as usual!

Happy new yr to all!

O69

CYOF said:
Very good points FW - and worth a logical responce.

1. Reality - everything that is considered must be approached from a realistic viewpoint - else - it is a futile effort.

2. Common sense - some markets will offer greater opportunity than others -you must know what the available opportunities are prior to committing all of ones'effort. You must also know when the best opportunities present themselves, else, it will also be a futile effort.

3. You can start compounding when ever you like - for instance, if I was to say to my wife, hey, you went X-Mas shopping last week, why the hell are you going again today, this would mean a lot, and I mean a lot, of LOSING daytrades. But you know what - peace and quiet is worth any amount of money :LOL:

So, you need to be realistic and not dream, you need to apply common sense and acquire the relevant skills for the selected "market", and last, but not least, you need to be frugal, and I won't insult your intelligence this time by posting a dictionary reference.

Slainte,
May I comment ?

Actually....

Whereas low levels of intelligence are commonplace, and high and higher levels of intellignce are rare, Common Sense.....itself....is not that common, I have found.

CYOF said:
1. Why do people post what they do, and then change, and then change again?
2. Why do we see, all of a sudden, a sudden burst of posts, which result in, for a better word, a war of words.
3. Why are some better with words than others?
4. Why do some read, and not post at all?
5. Why are we attracted to posts that are, to say the least, controversial?

1. What do we really think when we are posting?
2. What are we trying to achieve by posting?
3. What way will it influence us?
4. What is the benefits of such posting.
5. What are we going to do next?

Slainte,

That’s what I love about T2W, we have someone who by his own admission has yet to meet his own fairly modest goals, dishing out advice as if he where the font of all knowledge. Absolutely priceless. :LOL:

Some people initially post because they hope someone, somewhere, somehow will reveal something that they think will help them succeed in an endeavour in which they are currently failing.

Some seam to change their mind and approach whenever a particular strategy to illicit that information doesn’t seam to be working out for them.

Others change their mind in order to be deliberately confrontational.

Some change their minds and their allegiances as they are used as pawns by more powerful players of the game.

Some are actually open minded, and are prepared to change their position on the basis of logical and rational argument.

Some probably have serious personality disorders

Some are probably using multiple nics, and actually arguing both sides of the argument

Some are simply trolls

Some are banned members trying to hide their identity :cheesy: :cheesy:

2. Why do we see, all of a sudden, a sudden burst of posts, which result in, for a better word, a war of words.

Ego plays a part; much of this is caused by long standing feuds between grown adults who should perhaps know better. People like to argue, and if theyre stuck behind a screen all day with little social contact, forums provide an outlet.

Some read more, some paid more attention at school, some have a natural gift, some worked hard, some simply plagiarise the works of others , some may be dyslexic, some simply may not care about the quality of the posts, some may be trying to impress, some are trying to deliberately mislead you that they’re most stupid than they really are by using poor English.

Some may be shy, some may be frightened to make fools of themselves, some may fear the potential and harassment and stalking from the criminally insane elements on these boards, some may read this drivel and decide it’s above them, or below them, some may fear confrontation, some may not be able to write, some may have a disability that prevents them typing.

Some are, some aren’t, however the viewing statistics indicate that threads such as this do warrant far more attention than they deserve. Possibly the same reason we slow down to watch an accident on the motorway. Possibly because the threads that attract attention are promoted by the website, and easiest to access, maybe because we are looking to be entertained, maybe because this is where the “action is”, maybe we like to see a fight, a battle of wits, a battle of intellects, maybe we want to see someone take a good kicking, maybe we like to see someone made a fool of.

Some will think that they’re providing wisdom and knowledge, some will think its amusing to wind people up, some will think they’re fulfilling their agenda, some will think they’re wasting their time, some wont think at all, posting has become a bad habit, possibly even an addiction.

Some are here playing the part of the court jester, some are here to sell, some are here to buy, some are here to steal, some are here to make mischief, some to teach, some to gossip. Whatever our elected role (or roles) it’s a responsibility to the community from which we all derive some type of benefit. If we don’t post, that community dies, and our source of learning, entertainment, amusement, income etc dries up with it.

Some will learn new skills, make some friends, and some will make enemies, some will see the futility of trying to impart knowledge to the undeserving, some will get a warm glow from helping others. Some will be influenced never to waste another moment on a public forum again, some will become trolls etc etc

For many, no benefits whatsoever, for some posting at least means that they’re kept off the streets which is in itself a benefit to community at large. Whilst this particular thread, which is T2W’s equivalent of an effluent running down an open sewer, provides little in the way of benefit, lots of interesting stuff does go on behind the scene’s

I’m going to get a cup of tea, and click the submit reply button

Hopefully you see the point I’m making, I don’t f*c*i*g know the answer to ANY of your questions. In order to actually know, and to take a view, Id have to get up off my **** and do some research, collect some data, crunch some numbers, then and only then would I have anything remotely worthwhile to say.

Id have to actually take a survey of all those who participated in posting to T2W rather than guessing. You however know the TRUTH so you wouldnt need too, which is nice.

Pity you cant guess the direction of the market with similar accuracy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

zupcon said:
That’s what I love about T2W, we have someone who by his own admission has yet to meet his own fairly modest goals, dishing out advice as if he where the font of all knowledge. Absolutely priceless. :LOL:

Some people initially post because they hope someone, somewhere, somehow will reveal something that they think will help them succeed in an endeavour in which they are currently failing.

Some seam to change their mind and approach whenever a particular strategy to illicit that information doesn’t seam to be working out for them.

Some change their minds and their allegiances as they are used as pawns by more powerful players of the game.

Some are actually open minded, and are prepared to change their position on the basis of logical and rational argument.

Some are probably using multiple nics, and actually arguing both sides of the argument

Some are simply trolls

Ego plays a part; much of this is caused by long standing feuds between grown adults who should perhaps know better. People like to argue, and if theyre stuck behind a screen all day with little social contact, forums provide an outlet.

Some read more, some paid more attention at school, some have a natural gift, some worked hard, some simply plagiarise the works of others , some may be dyslexic, some simply may not care about the quality of the posts, some may be trying to impress, some are trying to deliberately mislead you that they’re most stupid than they really are by using poor English.

Some may be shy, some may be frightened to make fools of themselves, some may fear the potential and harassment and stalking from the criminally insane elements on these boards, some may read this drivel and decide it’s above them, or below them, some may fear confrontation, some may not be able to write, some may have a disability that prevents them typing.

Some are, some aren’t, however the viewing statistics indicate that threads such as this do warrant far more attention than they deserve. Possibly the same reason we slow down to watch an accident on the motorway. Possibly because the threads that attract attention are promoted by the website, and easiest to access, maybe because we are looking to be entertained, maybe because this is where the “action is”, maybe we like to see a fight, a battle of wits, a battle of intellects, maybe we want to see someone take a good kicking, maybe we like to see someone made a fool of.

Some will think that they’re providing wisdom and knowledge, some will think its amusing to wind people up, some will think they’re fulfilling their agenda, some will think they’re wasting their time, some wont think at all, posting has become a bad habit, possibly even an addiction.

Some are here playing the part of the court jester, some are here to sell, some are here to buy, some are here to steal, some are here to make mischief, some to teach, some to gossip. Whatever our elected role (or roles) it’s a responsibility to the community from which we all derive some type of benefit. If we don’t post, that community dies, and our source of learning, entertainment, amusement, income etc dries up with it.

Some will learn new skills, make some friends, and some will make enemies, some will see the futility of trying to impart knowledge to the undeserving, some will get a warm glow from helping others. Some will be influenced never to waste another moment on a public forum again, some will become trolls etc etc

For many, no benefits whatsoever, for some posting at least means that they’re kept off the streets which is in itself a benefit to community at large. Whilst this particular thread, which is T2W’s equivalent of an effluent running down an open sewer, provides little in the way of benefit, lots of interesting stuff does go on behind the scene’s

Hopefully you see the point I’m making, I don’t f*c*i*g know the answer to ANY of your questions. In order to actually know, and to take a view, Id have to get up off my **** and do some research, collect some data, crunch some numbers, then and only then would I have anything remotely worthwhile to say.

Id have to actually take a survey of all those who participated in posting to T2W rather than guessing. You however know the TRUTH so you wouldnt need too, which is nice.

Pity you cant guess the direction of the market with similar accuracy :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I can't report this as a good post for you so soon after the last, but I hope someone does. This is excellent.

I sure hope you become a great trader, if you aren't already. :)

Db

dbphoenix said:
I can't report this as a good post for you so soon after the last, but I hope someone does. This is excellent.

I sure hope you become a great trader, if you aren't already. :)

Db

Funny, I'm having the same problem.

Last edited:
zupcon said:

Some are simply trolls

Wonderful
;-)
Richard

Mr. Charts said:

Wonderful
;-)
Richard

I assume that your being sarcastic, but I will respond. I know that I’ll probably be labelled an intellectual pygmy, but discussing philosophy with someone who is just so far away from having the nuts and bolts of a basic trading methodology in place just isn’t the solution. It’s like trying to teach fluid dynamics to a class of 5 year olds.

I sympathise with CYOF’s position, but it appears to me that he’s looking for shortcuts. I just can’t see how he’s ever going to resolve the issues he’s facing, without putting in a great deal of hard work

regards
zup

NO!
I am NOT being sarcastic !
I do not know CYOF and so will make no comment about him as I am neutral and open minded about those whom I don't know,but I thoroughly enjoyed your post and the sentiments expressed so well.
As for you being an "intellectual pigmy", there are plenty of those here who live in a mirrorless world, but you are not one of them, imho.
I repeat, I genuinely think it was an excellent post.
Richard

Zupcon

firewalker99 said:
Funny, I'm having the same problem.

Wonderful post - insightful.

I agree with the content, and.......

In the words of Oscar Wilde, "I wish I had said that."

zupcon said:
Hopefully you see the point I’m making, I don’t f*c*i*g know the answer to ANY of your questions.

IT APPEARS SO :cheesy:

In order to actually know, and to take a view, Id have to get up off my **** and do some research, collect some data, crunch some numbers, then and only then would I have anything remotely worthwhile to say.

CORRECT :cheesy:

CORRECT AGAIN :cheesy: :cheesy:

WHAT A STUPID REMARK - SPOILS THE REST OF YOUR POST - BUT I HAD BEEN TIPPED OFF WHAT TO EXPECT - AND ALL I CAN SAY IS - "YOU WERE RIGHT AGAIN" :rolleyes:

I hope you enjoyed your tea - as you will have to do a lot better that that ;)

zupcon said:
I assume that your being sarcastic,

ASS of U, not ME

but I will respond. I know that I’ll probably be labelled an intellectual pygmy,

YOU SAID IT!

but discussing philosophy with someone who is just so far away from having the nuts and bolts of a basic trading methodology in place just isn’t the solution.

YOU WOULD LIKE TO KNOW, NOW, WOULDN'T YOU - SORRY :LOL:

It’s like trying to teach fluid dynamics to a class of 5 year olds.

I SAY YOO HAVE TRIED, AND KEPT TRYING - JUDGING BY YOUR RESPONCES :cheesy:

I sympathise with CYOF’s position, but it appears to me that he’s looking for shortcuts.

LIKE YEH - YOU CAN"T EVEN READ THE LINES - LET ALONE WHATS BETWEEN THEM :cheesy:

I just can’t see how he’s ever going to resolve the issues he’s facing, without putting in a great deal of hard work

IF ONLY YOU KNEW THE REAL TRUTH :devilish:

regards
zup

Slainte

neil said:
Wonderful post - insightful.

I agree with the content, and.......

In the words of Oscar Wilde, "I wish I had said that."

Hi Neil,

Nothing today, no?

At least you provide some entertainment, not pure stupidity like the rest of your buddies :cheesy:

Mr. Charts said:
NO!
I am NOT being sarcastic !
I do not know CYOF and so will make no comment about him as I am neutral and open minded about those whom I don't know,but I thoroughly enjoyed your post and the sentiments expressed so well.
As for you being an "intellectual pigmy", there are plenty of those here who live in a mirrorless world, but you are not one of them, imho.
I repeat, I genuinely think it was an excellent post.
Richard

I confirm that - apart from our little discussion on T&Sales.

It was OK, but as usual, the finish always shows the real truth :cheesy:

Slainte

CYOF, I’ll give you a considered response later.

However, the effects of your recent mentoring by bulldozer are already quite apparent. A marked degradation in your grammar and spelling, typing in bold capitals and littering your posts with smilies

How quickly the new student learns his craft.

zupcon said:
CYOF, I’ll give you a considered response later.

However, the effects of your recent mentoring by bulldozer are already quite apparent. A marked degradation in your grammar and spelling, typing in bold capitals and littering your posts with smilies

How quickly the new student learns his craft.

FYI, I have not spoken with buldozer, and as a matter of FACT, I never even heard of bulldozer.

Someone did PM me and told me to beware The Malta Bull, or something to that effect, but I ignore such dribble, as anyone who has anything to say about anyone else should be man enough to say it in the open - you get my drift :rolleyes:

Oh, there is one who this does not apply to, and I will reply to that person in due course.

Who might you be referring to, so that I may congratulate him in his astute observations :LOL:

As for the gramaar and spelllng, I thought I was doing you a favour :cheesy:

Looking forward to your reply :rolleyes:

Slainte

CYOF said:
FYI, I have not spoken with buldozer, and as a matter of FACT, I never even heard of bulldozer.

Someone did PM me and told me to beware The Malta Bull, or something to that effect, but I ignore such dribble, as anyone who has anything to say about anyone else should be man enough to say it in the open - you get my drift :rolleyes:

Oh, there is one who this does not apply to, and I will reply to that person in due course.

Who might you be referring to, so that I may congratulate him in his astute observations :LOL:

As for the gramaar and spelllng, I thought I was doing you a favour :cheesy:

Looking forward to your reply :rolleyes:

Slainte

CYOF.

After seeing you adopt a particularly patronising stance with a member on these boards, I sent you the following PM

“Surely you know who XXXXXXX is ?, if you don’t I suggest you find out and quick”

I won’t name the member; as I have no wish to see him banned (again). I was actually try to prevent you making a tit of yourself in public, but of course doing a bit of basic research and following up some leads doesn’t seam to be your strong point. Are you really as clueless as you make out ?

Here’s another pertinent quote by Baltasar Gracián for you to consider:

Dreams will get you nowhere; a good kick in the pants will take you a long way. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.