Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Me, I'm obviously going for a "sell the rumour, buy the news" at 1.30pm (2.30 EST). But I think today's whopper is the usually underestimated U of Michigan Consumer Sentiment. It often moves the market... but then again, I won't be around to profit from it.

Right! Naptime!

The last two (complete) 5 min bars have all their action below the 8713 level, so I'm loading up the rest of my position. Target still 8655. Stop lowered to 8732.

Patience...

Oops, just lost my nerves there (been stretched a bit)
S23, out at 01: +22
S10, out at 01: 2x +9= +18
S95, closed out at b/e
tally: +40 +40 = +80 :)
Reason why I lost it: realized euro might do a bounce off of 2800 and leave me in the dust...
Whatever, added nice wad of cash to my account :cheesy:

Now sitting on the sidelines looking for a long entry, tiny position

And my original target is hit...

*KICK* OW!

Next time I'm sticking to the plan, promise!

TheBramble said:
The last two (complete) 5 min bars have all their action below the 8713 level, so I'm loading up the rest of my position. Target still 8655. Stop lowered to 8732.

TheBramble,

Here's Marmoset doing the "I am not worthy" :LOL:

Hi guys

Newbie to this site but have been admiring as a lurker for a few days and very impressed. I trade mainly cable, I used to do it for a bank, now for myself and I know which is harder!

Real name is Geoff but unfortunately that is taken, as I don't like hiding behind nicknames. Thanks for the tips this morning, I was short from 8725 but your words of encouragement kept me in and got a better exit level than I was originally expecting. Cheers.

Offshore Trader said:
Hi guys

Newbie to this site but have been admiring as a lurker for a few days and very impressed. I trade mainly cable, I used to do it for a bank, now for myself and I know which is harder!

Real name is Geoff but unfortunately that is taken, as I don't like hiding behind nicknames. Thanks for the tips this morning, I was short from 8725 but your words of encouragement kept me in and got a better exit level than I was originally expecting. Cheers.

Cheers, and welcome aboard!

News ahead, batten down the hatches! :p

Ka-ching! Closed out at 8710 for a nice +31 YAY!

Tally: 80+31 = +111 :cheesy:

Off to work in a few moments, so, keep an eye on the development before U of Mich for the next whopper.

Me, I'm calling it a week and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank ;)

Brave Sir Marmoset ran away, when danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled... ROFL

marmoset said:
Ka-ching! Closed out at 8710 for a nice +31 YAY!

Tally: 80+31 = +111 :cheesy:

Off to work in a few moments, so, keep an eye on the development before U of Mich for the next whopper.

Me, I'm calling it a week and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank ;)

Brave Sir Marmoset ran away, when danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled... ROFL

Well done, Sir "Braveheart" Marmoset. Your "sell the rumour and buy the news" method worked again excellent, and I admire your betting the whole castle just before the news, but I am not sure it's good for your survival to be so brave in the news battle. I feel more safe when I know the data before I trade the news.

marmoset said:
TheBramble,

Here's Marmoset doing the "I am not worthy" :LOL:
Your adoration, although welcome, is a little premature. I didn't get my target hit on the 13:15 spike - it was 2 pips short.

I do have an exit situation now as my target has been hit, but given the momentum of this bar (14:25) as per my first post this morning, I'll hang on in.

Stop now brought down to 8651.

Red candles getting shorter - running out of steam.

Out at 8594.

Two equal size tranches. One from 8735 (+141) and one from 8707 (+113). Total +254. But it was a bit of a haul from 09:24 to 14:36. There has to be an easier way to earn a living.

Baruch said:
Well done, Sir "Braveheart" Marmoset. Your "sell the rumour and buy the news" method worked again excellent, and I admire your betting the whole castle just before the news, but I am not sure it's good for your survival to be so brave in the news battle. I feel more safe when I know the data before I trade the news.

Baruch, see post 6968:
"Now sitting on the sidelines looking for a long entry, tiny position"

I'm not betting the castle, just the outhouse :p