what is your take?

NejemEddine

one of my favourite trading youtubers talks a lot about the implicit learning of trading and price action is the only thing that matters,amd his arguements is if strategies work why they are not automated and I think that.his point is that the only way to gain an edge is throught intuition and to gain that intuition you should have an experience with charts

It's difficult to be long term consistently profitable as an active intra-day trader without understanding both micro and macro price action as well as having a good contextual read. Context is king and that's what separates a human read from most trading bots, particularly at retail level. Although I think a combination of automation and human trading, can find a really strong balance.

One thing we may want to consider is how poorly people teach others trading. If you really wanted to teach someone trading you would want and need them to shadow you like on voice, screen share or even in person. Sit them down and show them how to run a profitable week and profitable month from start to finish while guiding them through.

Not just slapping some course together, that's most likely filled with just entry vehicles (that don't even necessarily have an edge) only to have a trader get ran over when the market shifts directional bias or the way the market is moving / delivering price has drastically changed, even if the same directional bias remains in tact.

So, agree with what he says for the most part. But I do not think the only way to learn trading is necessarily through intuition. Personally do believe it's able to be taught. Particularly if the teacher has a clear, precise or mathematical way for the student to judge context, along with solid entry vehicles on each side once context has been established.

In the end though to trade at the highest level, really think he is correct you just can't replace skill and experience. Not sure if this was clear or sounded like rambling or not. This is just my personal opinion and general thoughts.

You do need to understand those basics I and others put in a different thread.
Best advice I can give is to watch TraderTV live on Youtube. They have instructional sessions midday (EST). Also look for their prior educational stuff, they just started. There are several topics now.
You can watch endless previous dayys of them trading.
The two main charactersm Shawn and Neal, have been pro traders over 20 years. Cherif has fewer years in, but he's well educated on trading and is bright. A couple of the others are newer and keen, but don't have it sussed yet, to they're often on "paper" trading.
Cherif is the best "teacher" there.

I teach A level Maths & STEM as a volunteer in my retirement. I've seen a few teachers....
People on youtubes are rarely any good as teachers, but it is difficult when the level of the viewer can be anything.

What appears as "intuition" is what results from having learned a huge amount, not just "Looked at" situations. Even I can now look at a chart and spend a couple of minutes explaining to someone like my wife, whether and why I think there's a setup or not. You learn to do it all in a few seconds automatically and without putting it into words. You might know something's wrong, without it immediately being clear to you. Then someone with 10x the experience comes along and has a totally different view. It's like the difference beteen a competent DIY plumber and a tradesman who's been doing it for years.
It's not mystical, it's knowing things you don't realise you know.

The expert has unknown knowns. He may not realise how much he knows.
The beginner has a lot of unknown unknowns. He will not realise how little he knows.
The wise student is aware of unknown knowns, and known unknowns. He knows he has more to learn , though can only list a few of them.

When you get someone who knows and can explain all the things going through his mind, and back them up with further knowledge, you have an expert who might also be able to teach. The teacher has to explain all that at the right level for the student. Quite rare.

Strategies do repeatedly work and they are automated, by "the bots". They're working on a totally different set of considerations and abilities, though.
Bots have been using "A. I. " for years, they learn. They apply all the things the humans know about, and plenty they don't.

You don't learn how to bowl a cricket ball or pitch a baseball by bouncing a football around. You need a structure for learning. SO learn the basics and apply them.
Then you will only have two, huge problems. One is your ego, which can get out of control.
The second is your psychology, which lets and stops you making bad and good trades.

What else can and should be done besides watching YouTube videos? How much time does it take to learn/understand the basics of trading and achieve a consistent income?