IG

Dan111

I am having trouble withdrawing money from my IG account. Trying to close account but IG are very slow, been going on for weeks. Beware of investing with IG. I will update on my progress of trying to close my account and get the balance returned to me.

Last edited:
They have not been helpful to me either. I applied for an account 2 weeks ago, filled in their online form, separately emailed details of income and savings as requested. Nothing heard in response.

Whatever happens now, I will not be opening an account with IG.

You are wise not to. I don't know how may others are trying to get their balance returned but I am having a problem. I had a joint account with my father who passed away so I have tried to close the account and get the balance returned so we can finalise the estate. If you can't get funds back don't deal with them stay away. I have closed an account with AJ Bell no problem at all.

Update from 10th November. Still no response from IG. Still trying to get cleared funds returned to me. Be careful investing with IG.

I am having trouble withdrawing money from my IG account. Trying to close account but IG are very slow, been going on for weeks. Beware of investing with IG. I will update on my progress of trying to close my account and get the balance returned to me.

Update from 10th November. Still no response from IG. Still trying to get cleared funds returned to me. Be careful investing with IG.

Not wishing to rub salt in the wounds but I have been in the process of withdrawing all capital from an account with another broker. They pointed me to the online link to request the withdrawal on the 14th and I had the money in my bank account by 9:28am on the 16th.

That's good. I've had no problem with other companies. There are some good ones. I am hearing of others having trouble withdrawing from IG. Dot' know why. I am still trying to get my cleared funds returned, no joy as yet.

Are you asking for funds to be transferred to a different account to the one(s) from which deposits were made?

I trade with IG
No issues getting money out
However I've had issues several times when opening trades in opposite directions (I have my settings to allow this and I always check force open) however several times the trades net out and it takes an hour for them to resolve and a lot of arguments.
Overnight charges with IG are expensive
On the plus side you receive interest on in profit trades.
Also the plus side they don't close your futures as and when they like whereas other platforms sometimes do.